Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Itching

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaxs

jaxs

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:42 AM

hi well I havent posted since this forum has moved , its coz I didn't know how this one worked haha> I have a question for anyone with crest syndrom I was dignosed with this condition last june and just befor holiday last year I started to itch, ive been to my doctors, he dosent know what it is and give me tablets this didn't help its now been about5/6 weeks since I started t itch its a burning itchy tingling feeling its doing my head in, I take baths about 3/4 times a day to reli
ve it but its not working, dose anyone know why this is happening and is there any thing I could get to relive it thanks for your time jaxsx
live life for today and not for tomorrow

#2 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Hi Jaxs,

Welcome to the forums. I am glad that you have joined us here.

I think a lot of people here suffer from the terrible itching you describe. Here is a link to information on itching and dry skin from our Sclero A to Z website. You will find some information there about treatments.

I hope you find this helpful.

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#3 susie54

susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

I just had that a couple of weeks ago. I was going nuts itching in my hair. I had never done that before. I washed it more often , everyday instead of every other day. That didn't work so I used an OTC anti dandruff shampoo a couple of times and that helped. That is sold with the shampoos. I am over it now. I hope you find relief. Makes me itch to think about it. Susie54

#4 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:14 PM

I too have CREST. I was just diagnosed in December. I itch a lot too!!!!! My head itches like crazy!! My back and stomach itch like crazy!!!!!!! It's a burning itchy on my back and stomach. I put a lot of lotion on my back and stomach. Some relief. I can't figure out what to do for my head. I will ask my doctor. Does your hair fall out too?

#5 laurie906

laurie906

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hello,

My doctor recommended I stop using soap. Sounds strange but you can buy lotion, cream, and cleaner (soap) that's non- comedogenic so it won't remove the oils left in your skin. I get a major brand name at my local food warehouse. I didn't know if we could mention the name here, but email me if you want it.

I still get some itching, but it's less severe and a topical cream helps.

Laurie
Laurie906

#6 jaxs

jaxs

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:55 AM

thanks for all the advice, I did get some cream from my doctor to use as soap and moistureser I have never used soap, and I dont have dry skin thats why I find it unsual but I do bath 3/4 times a day and even thro the night, my neighbours must think im a nutter, my hair dose not fall out but I have been experience one patch on my head which is a funny sensation, I also have a little boy of 12 who is alopicia universil, he lost his hair 5 years ago, apparently thisis related to my condition hmmm id appreciate any info on alopicia and is it conection to this condition hugs jaxsx
live life for today and not for tomorrow