Do visit our News Forum for the latest, up to date, stellar information on Scleroderma! We also have the Medical News on our sidebar on the right of the Forums' topic thread lists.

Photo

Hobbies

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi Miocean,

Well, we sure can't blame a gal for trying! It looked like it could be done and I'm proud you tried to stretch your wings. That's the only way to learn or discover anything.

My best guess is that you couldn't put in photos because of a permissions issue. In the prior version we had painstakingly eliminated every possible setting that might be confusing, annoying, perhaps lead to copyright issues, make for longer page downloads, put greater demands on moderators, etc. We finally decided to go for a very simple layout (and features) that would be easy for non-geeks to figure out.

The upgrade brought everything back -- and then some! So we still need to go through hundreds of settings to figure out if we should enable or disable them or just let them be. That will take awhile to figure out and to slog through. In the meantime some buttons might look at though they work but because we had disabled them before, they are here but nobody (not even me) has permission to actually use them. No confusion there, huh?

In the meantime, it would be great to add your photos to our Photo Gallery -- and then put links to them in your forum posts. It's not even half as fancy or pretty but is still a way to share your lovely art and photos with us.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#22 quiltfairy

quiltfairy

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

I love making quilts and sewing of any kind when I have the energy to do it; I make a lot of doll clothes to donate to our giving tree at holiday time. I always liked working and improving the house but that has come to a stop with mobility issues.

When I take a few pieces of material and make it into something great it makes me feel so good; everybody in the family wants one.

I will post pics of some of my projects later.

#23 Joelf

Joelf

Diamond Member

• ISN Administrators
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hi Quiltfairy,

How lovely to be so creative; your quilts and doll clothes sound beautiful!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of them. :)

Jo Frowde
ISN Sclero Forums Manager
ISN News Manager

ISN Chat Host

#24 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi Quiltfairy,

What a fun username, and how appropriate! 

I love sewing, too, but I don't know how to do quilts. Maybe I didn't phrase that right. I understand a little bit of how they are done as I have a few quilter friends. Maybe what I lack is the determination and dedication it takes to make one, from figuring out a design, to tracking down all the fabric, cutting it, arranging, and sewing, sewing, sewing and hoping nothing turns out upside down or backwards! 

To hold faith, the entire time, that it is going to turn out okay, why to me that would be an endurance contest. And the doll clothes sound like a delightful idea. I bet you'll inspire others reading this thread to dust off their sewing machine and let their creativity loose.

Please do post some of your quilt photos in the gallery. I'd love to see them!

:emoticons-group-hug:

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.