Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Leg pain and soreness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lynda

Lynda

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

I am experiencing leg pain, a soreness just under the skin, similar as if it was bruised but there is no bruise. Also get warm sensation and aching. Has anyone experienced the same. I have sclero with lung complications. lynda

#2 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:51 AM

I have constant pain in my legs and arms. Mine is deep tissue muscle pain. I'm presently trying Methotrexate as my last resort to see if it will help with the pain. I wear a pain patch and also take oral pain meds. It is terrible at night and wakes me up every night and I have to get up and move around a little and then try and get back to sleep. I'm sorry you are suffering with this too. I don't know if it's from the sclero or I also have Polymyositis and it could be from that too.

If it continues get to your doctor to see what's causing yours and also get something you can take to help with the pain and discomfort.

Warm hugs,
Peggy

#3 Lynda

Lynda

Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

Thanks Peggy for your quick response. Yes, will see the doctor asap. Lynda

#4 eah

eah

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

Lynda,

I have same pain as peggy. Severe pain in legs feet arms and hands. It is worse at night. I have sclero and was also diag w severe small fiber autonomic neuropathy. I tried methotrexate and pain was worse.see what your doctor thinks. Take care.

Eah
ANN

#5 Honey

Honey

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

Yes, me, too. I have constant burning pain in feet and skin peeling at ankles. Skin is so scarred on feet, that at skin biopsy, the dermatologist couldn't stitch the skin. She had to cauterize it. My calves and shins hurt because the skin is so thick and shiny there.

I wake up several times at night due to the pain, and wearing shoes is foreign to me. Even socks hurt. Walking is painful, too. I take neurontin, and it helps the pain a little bit. I have been on methotrexate since February (diagnosed with systemic scleroderma in January), and it is just now starting to help me with not being so fatigued. I am hoping it will suppress the immune system from being so aggressive.

I was taking prednisone 10mg daily, but my new rheumatologist is weaning me off of it. I should be completely off of it in 2 weeks. My thyroid is being tested because of low TSH levels, as well as my Vitamin D. I see the doctor in 2 weeks and will know more then.

You are not alone in this. Although its symptoms are exceptional, there are many people with similar pain and consequences of this disease.

Be blessed,
HONEY

#6 Honey

Honey

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hello, again.

I omitted that my feet and legs are warm and tender, just as you are feeling. That's one of the first symptoms my feet and legs experienced, and it is still with me.

HONEY

#7 Angel Sky

Angel Sky

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

Hi Lynda:

Just wanted to let you know my experience with Methotrexate. I am newly diagnoed with Scleroderma( for 5 years they thought it was RA). Anyhow, my lungs are badly damaged, and the doctors are telling me that Methotrexate was most probably a large contributing factor. They took me off of it after have been on it for the whole 5 years. You see, my original doctors did not bother with tests or xrays and when I finally found some good doctors they were shocked at the damage to my lungs which should have been discovered much earlier. I now will need a lung transpalnt sometime in the not too distant future....
Anyhow, my point is, please question your doctor and ask about lung damage with Methotrexate!!! For me, ignorance wasn't bliss. NEVER just accept what the doctor says, get a second opinion and do some research on your own. Only you can be in charge of your own health.
Blessings,

Angel Sky