Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Skin Tightening?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hello, I haven't posted on this forum for a while, but I have been diagnosed with Limited/Crest Scleroderma since 2007.

I have a question regarding Skin Tightening of the hand. The other night I noticed that one of my hands felt very tight on the palm side of the hand, going towards the fingers as well. My hand was very red and my skin felt extremely tight and the lines on my hand disappeared. It felt as though my skin was going to burst open. So, I put my hand under warm water and dried my hand, it seemed to disappear and my hand was normal again.

Do you think this could be the skin tightening, has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks

#2 Kathy D

Kathy D

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hi Summer,

That sounds alot like my Raynauds attack. I used to get them so bad in my feet it felt like my skin was splitting when I walked.

Good luck and let me know what you find :)

Diffuse Scleroderma Diagnosed March 2009

#3 Angel Sky

Angel Sky

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:53 AM

I get Raynauds too, but haven't had the extreme skin tightening that you speak of. My Rheumatologist put me on Lisinopril ( a blood pressure med) to help my circulation so Raynauds won't be so bad. I've only been
on it 2 weeks, but it seems to be helping. It's also supposed to be protecting my kidneys, which Raynauds can damage?
Also, does anyone have any good suggestions to keep feet warm? In the winter my feet turn blue, and the regular white athletic socks don't do the trick! ;)

#4 Guest_Giggles_*

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

Yes that sounds like my Raynauds attacks too! I get them many many times a day and in my feel as well, although not as often as my hands.

I would discuss this with your doctor if you haven't been diagnosed yet!

Good luck! :)