Did you know that exercise increases inflammation in systemic sclerosis?

Photo

Something scary!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Perky Patsy

Perky Patsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hello! I am 69 years. old have Crest and Sjogrens--have interstitial lung disease--but am on only a beta blocker and also Norvasc and Colchicine. Anyway, this morning I got up and started having a strange spell that scared me and my blood pressure went up high also. But it was like I was dreaming but awake and aware of everything, but it was like I kept having strange thoughts like I was on the computer and saw passwords, websites, etc. and was not. It was so scary! Has anyway had---I don't even know how to explain it---like hallucinations? Or illusions like that?

I called my rhemy and they said say the gen. practitioner and so I called them and they said they can't get me in until September. That he was going on vacation. I was so frustrated, I cried. I feel okay mentally now, but am very achy and I think the inflammation is up. I would like to know if anyone experienced anything like this! Thank you so much!!!!

Patsy

#2 amberjolie

amberjolie

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hi! I'm new here, was just diagnosed with CREST and even though I haven't been diagnosed yet, I suspect that maybe I also have Sjogren's (or at least however it's associated with CREST) and pulmonary hypertension. I'm currently getting tested for pulmonary hypertension/interstitial lung disease.

I haven't had what you're describing (although I'm likely at an earlier stage than you are), but I do get migraine auras without the headache. No idea if it's related in any way to my condition, or if it's related to what you had.

#3 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hi Perky Patsy,

Why don't you go in to see another doctor in your clinic? Someone should be covering for your primary care doctor. Things like that are very often side effects of medication. Don't stop taking your medications but DO get in to see somebody right away.

In the meantime you can also call your pharmacist, explain to them you experienced a visual hallucination, and asked if it is a side effect of any of your medications.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#4 Perky Patsy

Perky Patsy

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hi! Thank you for your reply. That is something I had for years. before I knew I had the Crest and sjogren's was the aura's and I really didn't have the headaches, but it would go across an eye at a time. Very distressful, so I understand how you feel. I think the Crest for me has been coming on for years---and just found out a couple of years ago. I get so frustrated with the doctors. Sometimes I feel that I am getting the run around. Hope you come along well. Thanks again Pat

#5 Perky Patsy

Perky Patsy

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Dear Shelley,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I live in a small town and really don't have much confidence in the rest of the doctors...here. On top of that they tried to put me in with a nurse practitioner and couldn't even get me in with her. I may call the rheumatologist tomorrow again and see if he has any suggestions.

I feel like the inflammation lever is up and I read where that can cause some problems similar to what I had. I will check on the medications, too. Thank you!

Pat