Did you know that exercise increases inflammation in systemic sclerosis?

Photo

Bowel Issues

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Giggles_*

Guest_Giggles_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

Oh dear! I do hope it all goes well for you! we never know where each path is going to lead us to do we!

#22 Leenz

Leenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

I have the exact same bowel issues. So painful! Doxycyclin doesn't do the trick for me but Flagyl gets it under control right away. My doctor told me it was bacteria overgrowth due to dysmotility.

#23 smac0719

smac0719

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Well I had my appt. with the Gastro today. He is thinking that my issues may be from diverticulitis. However, he wants to see what the pelvic MRI shows. He is thinking with my hx of endometriosis along with the fibroids that excessive scar tissue may be wreaking havoc on my colon/bowel system. If the MRI doesn't show anything he will do a colonoscopy.

I am having a time with my primary's office and getting the authorization. It has been over a week since they told me I needed the MRI. I was on hold over 30 minutes on Friday trying to get a status. I sent them a stern email Friday and it resulted in a call on Saturday, but the referral coordinator was full of attitude and excuses ( "I was out a few days and I am the only one handling referrals, blah, blah, blah"). I also left a message last week Tuesday with the nurse practitioner I saw to see if she still wanted me to have the Urology consult now that they found the cyst and I haven't heard from her either. I really don't want to add another Dr to the already long list if I don't have too.
I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!