Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Coming Off Plaquenil (questions)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Sherrill_*

• Guests

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hi Irene,

I'm so glad for you that your itch has gone! At least you're not following me in that as I first thought! But I do know how maddening an itch can be! So maybe it was the Plaquenil? I wonder what the rheumatologist will make of it.

One little thing to remember if you are vomiting often and/or forcefully it is possible to rupture a small blood vessel in your throat or esophagus, which could be the reason for the blood. Was it bright red? I ask this as some of the times I have had peritonitis with all the lovely accompaniments of vomiting etc, I was vomiting almost black stuff which was blood from the stomach or even further down. Yuk!!

However, it is definitely best to ask the doctor about this sort of thing. I'm glad you are having a scope, and hope it's not too long! I have had two of these sort of scopes in the public hospital. It was actually when I was an in patient, so I didn't have to wait, except all day, without anything to eat either! :o

When I had a colonoscopy I went private, (insisted actually), and was treated very well, with a great surgeon who had done over 2000 of these! He also does the gastroscopies, so IF you want to go private for this I would highly recommend him, and can give you his name if you want it.

I hope you can get an earlier appointment with the rheumatologist, and please let us know how you get on! Good luck!

Warm hugs,

#22 kiwimum03

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi Sweet and Sherrill,

Sweet, when I saw the general practitioner who made the referral, he just said that if I needed to take ibuprofen then just take it, even though it may irrate my stomach, I really don't think he knew anything about connective tissue diseases and so didn't want to go there basically.
I have been trying to NOT take any NSAIDs, and it has been helping my stomach issues, unfortunately, it doesn't help my joints and they have been very sore and my elbow is swollen. grrr.
My rheumatologist's office phoned and the earliest I can get in is in 4 weeks time, but she did put me on a cancellation list.

Sherrill, I have sent you a PM, any information would be great, thank you!!!!!

My blood was bright red, so I am assuming I tore something with all my vomitting that night.

I will let you know how I get on,

Big hugs,

#23 Guest_Sherrill_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:28 PM

Hi Irene,

I've replied to your PM!

Warm hugs,