Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Pet Peeves, Whats Yours?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 charliehorse

charliehorse

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

Oh, yes, I did forget that old turnip, Amanda. Weight prejudice, new-age "issues", the old stoic "just get over it" attitude, the list really is endless, isn't it. One day, one day in the very distant future we hope these people will have an epiphany and finally show a little understanding. :rolleyes:
Charliehorse

Life is better with Jeeves and Wooster

#22 imagine2

imagine2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hello all,
Amanda, I just read your comment about how well you look, and the embalming thing, I laughed so hard I almost choked on my morning coffee. After a night of no sleep, I needed that laugh, so I wanted to thank you. I have also heard about my weight, I admit, I love chocolate, I eat alot of it, I was always thin until my thyroid went, then my body starting hurting and this aweful fatigue set in, cutting my daily activities to just must do chores, and then rest for 2 hours. And I am ashamed to admit that I smoke, so my Doctors have a field day with making me feel as low as a person can possibly go. It is quite evident to me that when I go to the Doctor, In their minds I am not worthy of treatment. Now it seems they would prefer to label my fatigue and pain, depression, a battle with them seems almost impossible to win. Thanks again for the laugh. :flowers:

#23 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

Imagine, I know what you mean when it comes to my weight and the doctors. My doctors blame EVERYTHING on my weight (or smoking).They make me feel as though because I'm overweight that maybe I don't deserve to be treated medically. My doctor basically told me last week that I'm fat and lazy.I guess if I was skinny I would deserve to be treated with respect.

Sherion

#24 imagine2

imagine2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

sherion,
It is sad isn't it, I have always taught my children to give everyone a chance, respect others, and help out those in need. I take them with me to donate food to shelters, blankets to animal shelters, and toys for needy children. I work hard and I try to do things the right way. To be treated like you deserve what you get because of weight, or smoking isnt right. I battle my weight and the smoking everyday, I dont want to look or feel this way, but I have accepted it and I try to be happy with who I am, But I can't help but wonder who is worthy of respect, we all, including them, do things that arnt nessicarily good for us. Do they enjoy a few drinks, do they drive too fast, did they eat bacon or a donut this morning. I think these doctors need to go back to school and get an education in compassion, then maybe they can say they were trulely succesful in life. I say all this but when it comes right down to it, they can still make us feel so horrible about ourselves. Seems so back words. On the bright side, we can come here and vent, make friends, and earn points so we can create our own wonderful avatars, and no one is judging us. Makes the world a better place.

wishing you well,
Robin

#25 Kathy D

Kathy D

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

I am intolerant of LOUD commercials on tv, especially during a quiet movie that I have turned up.
Diffuse Scleroderma Diagnosed March 2009

#26 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Robin, It's so good to hear that someone understands how I feel. That's why I keep coming here. I don't post often but I learn something every day.
You're right, we may have a problem with weight or smoking but I don't drink, I obey all laws and try to treat all people with respect.

Sherion