Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Lip Biopsy Results

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 amberjolie

amberjolie

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

Saw the ENT today about my lip biopsy. Was told that the results SUGGESTED Sjogren's, but they weren't conclusive, so they need to send it to someone else who specializes in Sjogren's to look at. So I have to go back in a month.

Why couldn't they have saved me a trip and just told me over the phone?

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

Good point if the news isn't scary....a friend of mine would tell me that was because they don't get paid for phone calls, just office visits...and he's likely right! :lol:
Sending good wishes your way!

#3 sandra

sandra

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Hi Amberjolie
Sandra calling
I had my eyelid biopsy today- ICHEWAWA !
Don't think I like it! Now the freezing wore off, every time I blink the stitch pulls and HURTS...
I will let you know my results in a week. I also have sjogrens so what else could they be looking for- hmmmm
Take care Chicky
Sandra

#4 amberjolie

amberjolie

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:28 AM

Eyelid biopsy - yuck! And I thought the lip biopsy wasn't fun! I'm not quite up to snuff yet on all these tests and why they do them, but maybe they're trying to find the same type of cells in your eyelid that they're looking for in my salivary glands. Have you noticed dry eyes moreso than dry mouth? I've had dry mouth more than dry eyes, so maybe they focus the test on the spot that's the worst, if it'll give them the best possible results. I dunno, though. Just rambling.

What I'm starting to wonder, though, is could it be that ALL my symptoms are Sjogren's instead of scleroderma? I read that Raynaud's and esophageal issues can happen with Sjogren's by itself. And even though I had a positive ANA, I didn't have anti-centromere pattern (usually seen in Crest) or Sc70 (or whatever it's called) antibodies.

But the pattern on my ANA was nucleolar, which shows up specifically with Scleroderma and crest, but not Sjogren's.

Anyways, just more rambling...

#5 Morgan

Morgan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

I am not a physician but I am a nurse. I have had a lip biopsy several months ago and my results were very positive for chronic inflammation. The MD stated that I have had the disease for a long time. I can say looking back on all of my symptoms, that is true. Regarding your results, my glands when they were removed where extremely large and inflamed. I think that depending on the amount of white cells in your glands it could take another test, some staining it might not be as obvious as mine. Just a thought. Best of luck to you.

#6 sandra

sandra

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:03 AM

Hi All
Sandra here just updating about eyelid Biopsy-
I don't get the sutures out until this Friday and the eye Dr. office called me in to have another test relating to the biopsy I go in 2 hours- Hmm I wonder whats up with that- I will Update after I see him this morning...
Later Sandra

#7 amberjolie

amberjolie

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Keep us posted!

#8 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Yes Sandra, please do keep us posted...and good luck...maybe they just want a better sample (sometimes things happen and samples aren't so good).
Sending good wishes your way!

#9 sandra

sandra

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hi All'
Well out came the biopsy stitches today, Results are "Discoid Lupus" is it ever going to stop , pick -up 2 new prescriptions Monday- Plaquinal & (Clinacin??) forgot the real name of that one! I will know Monday, how is it possible to have sooo many over lapping things!URRRRG- just one of those days I am having..its just all too much- tomorrow will be better.
Later, Sandra

#10 amberjolie

amberjolie

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

I'm so sorry you have yet another disease to contend with. :( *HUGS* Hopefully the meds will be helpful, though.