Do visit our News Forum for the latest, up to date, stellar information on Scleroderma! We also have the Medical News on our sidebar on the right of the Forums' topic thread lists.

Photo

BEST READS EVER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Patty Arche-Hueck

Patty Arche-Hueck

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

true the books is way better!

#22 Annie20

Annie20

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi Patty,

The book had a different ending than the movie did in "My Sister's Keeper". I won't say anymore in case anybody would like to read and/or watch. Take care :bye:

Annie
Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, (Scleroderma). Lung, skin and gastrointestinal involvement.

#23 enjoytheride

enjoytheride

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Shelley- I guess that my tolerance for unpleasant or violent books has gone down. Right now I have one book that is non-fiction and I happen to know the history of the story. I read up to the point I knew it was going to be sad and have not been able finish in months.
What we need is a list of uplifting books that can be counted on to make a person feel better.

Surprisingly though, I ordered a DVD called Destinations, which is a Japanese film about death from a funeral perspective- I actually enjoyed it. It was gentle and insightful and not depressing to me. Go figure............