We have hosted chats three times a week in the Chat Room. Just click on “Chat” on the menu bar above and you'll be sure of a warm welcome!! The next hosted Chat will be on Friday.

Photo

BEST READS EVER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Patty Arche-Hueck

Patty Arche-Hueck

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

true the books is way better!

#22 Annie20

Annie20

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi Patty,

The book had a different ending than the movie did in "My Sister's Keeper". I won't say anymore in case anybody would like to read and/or watch. Take care :bye:

Annie
Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, (Scleroderma). Lung, skin and gastrointestinal involvement.

#23 enjoytheride

enjoytheride

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Shelley- I guess that my tolerance for unpleasant or violent books has gone down. Right now I have one book that is non-fiction and I happen to know the history of the story. I read up to the point I knew it was going to be sad and have not been able finish in months.
What we need is a list of uplifting books that can be counted on to make a person feel better.

Surprisingly though, I ordered a DVD called Destinations, which is a Japanese film about death from a funeral perspective- I actually enjoyed it. It was gentle and insightful and not depressing to me. Go figure............