Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Pancreas Trouble Anyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has pancreas trouble. The last few days I have been having some trouble and now my BP is higher then norm. ( 168/97) It has gone back to normal but I was resting when the baby tooka nap so that was a huge help. I called the dr this morning but he's very busy and has not called back yet. I put myself on a water diet but being on the steriods this is HARD! LOL
If anyone has any experience with pancreas and scleroderma please I am all ears. The doctors around here treat me like I am a drunk or worse because they dont understand what scleroderma does to the body.

Hugs,
Patty
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:30 AM

Hi Patty,

I'm sorry you're experiencing more issues. If you are still in pain, please go to the hospital E.R. Most doctors offices aren't set up to handle acute illness. It seems they prefer to see us when we are perfectly healthy. :(

It's my understanding the pancreas problems usually cause low blood pressure, but I may be wrong (I often am, and I have no medical training at all.)

Anyway, steroids could be a cause of pancreas problems so you'd really want to get things sorted out as soon as possible.

Perhaps you've had this before and know what you're up against, but if you are just guessing that its pancreas problems because of pain in that general area or similar symptoms to what is listed for it, please be sure to get examined right away.

It's just way too easy for all of us to be wrong about pain and dysfunction in internal organs...and it is also too soon to just chalk it up to scleroderma, because everything else needs to be ruled out first.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

Shelley, Yes I have had this in the past. I had my galbladder out and soon after I was in hospital with this. I am sure now that this is in fact whats wrong. I will be calling my dr tomorrow againa nd I know that I will be on a water diet again. sigh but if it takes this pain away then its worth it. I will let you know if my dr has anything more to add to this.
Hugs,
Patty
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.