Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

New OTC Prevacid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stacey

Stacey

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to be more active in the forums. Recently Prevacid became an over the counter drug and so my insurance will no longer cover the prescription. I've been taken the over the counter but it doesn't seem to do the trick like it used to. Has anyone else experienced? I know that they are only 15mgs so I've been taken 2 a day since I have been on the 30 for over a year. Could this be causing my heartburn coming back?

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:28 AM

Hi Stacey,

I'm sorry you're having problems with heartburn. Since this isn't working for you anyway, have you checked with your doctor to see if there are any other heartburn medications that are covered by your insurance that you could try?
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 janet905

janet905

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hi Stacey,

The otc prevacid isn't the same milligram strength as the prescription. you can't get the 30 mg prevacid otc.

#4 janet905

janet905

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

Sorry, must have been speed reading and didn't finish your post. Should work as well if you take 2 of the lesser strength capsules. my insurance still pays for the generic 30 mg.

#5 relicmom1

relicmom1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

I have to take the 30mg twice daily and my insurance still pays for it. It has also become available generic!
Peace :)
Barbara aka relicmom1

#6 KarenL

KarenL

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

If you get the doctor to prescribe the generic you can get the full 30mg strength for generic price, mine is five dollars! I take two a day. You have to take them on an empty stomach, a half hour before a meal or they won't work. Also you have to take them the same way every day. Try that see if it helps.