Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Localized scleroderma [morphea]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 magdalena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

I have morphea since I was 12. It started with a dark area on my left leg after an infection. I went to many doctors but they gave different opinions and never said that it was morphea.

At the age of 55 a dermatologist performed a biopsy and the result was morphea. She gave me creams but it didn't help. I did research and found out that light therapy and puva treatments could help but I can't find a hospital or doctor near my home in NJ that has that kind of treatments. Does anyone have information? Please let me know.

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:48 AM

Hello Magdalena,

Welcome to Sclero Forums! I do wonder if you haven't set a world record for length of misdiagnosis of morphea. I'm really not sure if anything would be effective after this amount of time. But I'm not a doctor, and I don't know for sure.

What you could do is consult a scleroderma expert. They can advise you on whether it would do any good or not, and on places where treatment would be available, as well.

Kudos on finally getting diagnosed, at long last! :emoticon-hug:
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.