ISN Volunteer Position Description: Fundraising Event Organizer
If you are interested in applying for any volunteer position with the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network, or if you have further questions about any position or possible openings, please email [email protected]
Title: Fundraising Event Organizer
To identify viable and realistic fundraising events as well as plan, organize, supervise and see these events to completion for the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network
We are always accepting fundraising applications from internal and external candidatesThe ISN is rapidly growing, so there are also many other positions that will be created within this area so related inquiries are invitedOpen positions
Fundraising is absolutely vital to help fight scleroderma worldwideGood fundraising events also generate community goodwill and enthusiasm for helping with the cause of scleroderma and also serve to raise public awareness of scleroderma
The ISN wants fundraisers who are able to generate a sense of fun and eager participation among the participantsWe expect event organizers to be professional in carrying out all their responsibilities so that ISN fundraising events gain a well-earned reputation for being fun, exciting and worthwhile
Virtual VolunteerCandidate would work entirely from their own home via computerTherefore they must have their own computer with Internet access as well as Microsoft software and PageMaker desktop publishing software
Approximately 20 hours per week on a regular basis, hours and schedule to be determined by volunteer
Position Reports To
ISN Development Director, a newly posted but unfilled position
Candidate must be able to read and write English
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
The International Scleroderma Network (ISN) is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency founded in MinnesotaWe provide healthcare information and support via our 800+ page Scleroderma from A to Z website (sclero.org) in 20 languagesWe publish the Voices of Scleroderma book series, and we support international research efforts for scleroderma
Scleroderma is a rare arthritis/autoimmune disease that is popularly known as the "disease that turns people to stone" because it causes a hardening of the skin, blood vessels and/or internal organs
- Identifies viable and realistic fundraising events that can be sponsored by the ISN through the website and through various communities and organizations
- Recognizes the importance of simple events which require little if no operating costs as well as events that will not impact other ISN projects or initiatives
- Completes an ISN Fundraising Event Form for ISN Volunteer Services and ISN Board of Directors review and approvalDoes not begin activity, communication to outside agencies/individuals or the planning thereof until approvals are granted and communicated
- Submits all documents and copies of correspondence (ingoing as well as outgoing) for approval to manager
- Develops all outgoing correspondence or meeting/presentation agendas for submission to manager for approval at least two weeks in advance of general distribution
- Responsibly handles all aspects of the event from initial planning to event wrap upNo portion of these responsibilities may be delegated to others outside of the ISN or to others within the organization without the approval of ISN Volunteer Services
- Discusses the handling and forwarding of all donations/proceeds with manager as part of the Event Proposal process
- Provides manager with a complete status report on a weekly basis
- Obtains all registration forms for the event from their state's attorneys general office and works with the ISN in filing any reports due to them
- Also obtains the necessary local and municipality forms and files them
- Completes all aspects of event planning including initial planning meetings, obtaining the appropriate permissions for use of space through outside agencies, acquiring liability insurance (if appropriate), advertising (website, radio, television, newspapers, etc), securing donations from local businesses/corporations for all costs associated with the event, creating and maintaining a database of all participants and donations, creating and distributing event announcements to participants/sponsors, creating and distributing event instructions for event assistants, setup and cleanup, creating and distributing ISN thank you's for donations as well as event sponsors or supporters, forwarding all proceeds to the ISN, and other activities as appropriate for the event
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team in ISN fundraising event organizers as well as within the established project deadlines of each individual fundraising event
- Team player; possessing excellent skill with people and ability to organize, motivate and supervise all types of volunteers
- Willing to learn about the mission, affiliations as well as the goals and aspirations of the International Scleroderma Network
- Is knowledgeable about scleroderma and other autoimmune diseases
- Experienced in organizing fundraising events for a nonprofit organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete fundraising projects within requested timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to see fundraising projects through from start to finish
- Candidate must have their own personal computer, with Microsoft software products and email access to complete this workCandidate must be capable of learning and using nonprofit fundraising database software
Most Recent Donors
Reading Voices of Scleroderma Books: Diana Kramer.
Sharing Scleroderma Awareness Bracelets: Deb Martin, Brenda Miller, Vickie Risner.
Thanks to UNITED WAY donors of Central New Mexico and Snohomish County!
In Loving Memory
Patricia Ann Black: Marilyn Currier, Shelley Ensz, Richard Howitt, Gerald and Pat Ivanejko, Juno Beach Condo Association, Keith and Rosalyn Miller, and Elaine Wible.
Gayle Hedlin: Daniel and Joann Pepper and Nancy Smithberg.
Janet Paulmenn: Anonymous, Mary Jo Austin, Shelley Blaser, Susan Book, Dennis and Pat Clayton, Grace Cunha, Cindy Dorio, Michael and Patricia Donahue, Shelley Ensz, Nancy Falkenhagen, Jo Frowde, Alice Gigl, Margaret Hollywood, Karen Khalaf and Family, Susan Kvarantan, Bradley Lawrence, Jillyan Little, Donna Madge, Michele Maxson, Barry and Judith McCabe, John Moffett, My Tribute Foundation, Joan-Marie Permison, John Roberts, Margaret Roof, Maryellen Ryan, Mayalin and Kiralee Murphy, Nancy Settle-Murphy, and Bruce and Elizabeth Winter.
SCLERO.ORG is the world leader for trustworthy research, support, education and awareness for scleroderma and related illnesses, such as pulmonary hypertension. We are a service of the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network (ISN), which is a 501(c)(3) U.S.-based public charitable foundation, established in 2002. Meet Our Team, or Volunteer. Donations may also be mailed to:
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
7455 France Ave So #266
Edina, MN 55435-4702 USA
Email [email protected] to request our Welcome email, or to report bad links or to update this page content.
TOLL FREE HOTLINE 800-564-7099
Free to U.S. and Canadian Callers. Ask for our Free Info Packet by mail or email!
Scleroderma, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and related illnesses.
The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org!