ISN Volunteer Position Description: Grant Writer
If you are interested in applying for any volunteer position with the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network, or if you have further questions about any position or possible openings, please email [email protected]
Title: ISN Grant Writer
The ISN seeks a grant writer to research, identify and apply for viable grant opportunities for the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network
Position currently closed
Position Reports To
ISN Development Chair, when available, or ISN President
Candidate must be able to read and write English
To research and identify viable grant opportunities for the organization as well as prepare and submit grant applications, letters of inquiry and formal proposals according to the grant guidelines for approval by the ISN before submitting to the grant makerAssist in the development of standardized text which is included in an online workspace database for easy retrieval and updating as appropriate
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
The International Scleroderma Network (ISN) is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency founded in MinnesotaWe provide healthcare information and support via our 5,000+ page SCLERO.ORG website in 23 languagesWe publish the Voices of Scleroderma book series, and we support international research efforts for scleroderma
Scleroderma is a rare arthritis/autoimmune disease that is popularly known as the "disease that turns people to stone" because it causes a hardening of the skin, blood vessels and/or internal organs
- Completes extensive research of nonprofit foundations, corporate sponsors, government programs, and individual donors to collect data and identify viable funding opportunities via online website listings, databases, clearinghouses, and directories (online and printed publications)
- Identifies grant makers whose funding missions match ISN funding needsDocuments findings on ISN Grant maker Prospect Worksheets for organization review/approval and entry into ISN databases
- Completes all stages of grant proposal development including confirmation of ISN project/program objectives, contact with the grant maker for clarification of grant guidelines (if needed), as well as development of letters of inquiry, online applications and formal proposals with the appropriate organization approvals obtained
- Proofreads and edits text for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, concise and easy to understand language which appropriately communicates in a positive and honest manner, ISN planning, research and strategic vision in regard to its funding request
- Submits the grant proposal to the grant maker and properly maintains follow up contact with the grant maker regarding the status, results and potential feedback
- Assists in maintaining ISN databases of grant proposal text and grant prospects
- Demonstrates flexibility in approaching ISN grant seeking as appropriate for any worthy and reputable organization regardless of its stage of growth and development
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team in ISN grant research and proposal development as well as within the established submission deadlines of each individual grant maker
- Disciplined and committed in completing projects within the requested time frames for ISN reviews and approvals
- Willing to learn about the mission, affiliations, prestigious award nominations in the international community as well as the goals and aspirations of the International Scleroderma Network
- Experience as a professional grant writer
- Extensive knowledge of grant maker research and grant proposal development
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects within requested time frames
- Ability to use own PC, Microsoft software products and email to complete this work
See ISN News
for recent donors, including memorials for
Christine Kane, Joleen M. Cascaden.
SCLERO.ORG is the world leader for trustworthy research, support, education and awareness for scleroderma and related illnesses, such as pulmonary hypertension. We are a service of the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network (ISN), which is a 501(c)(3) U.S.-based public charitable foundation, established in 2002. Meet Our Team, or Volunteer. Donations may also be mailed to:
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
7455 France Ave So #266
Edina, MN 55435-4702 USA
Email [email protected] to request our Welcome email, or to report bad links or to update this page content.
TOLL FREE HOTLINE 800-564-7099
Free to U.S. and Canadian Callers. Ask for our Free Info Packet by mail or email!
Scleroderma, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and related illnesses.
The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org!