ISN Volunteer Position Description: Artist
If you are interested in applying for any volunteer position with the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network, or if you have further questions about any position or possible openings, please email [email protected]
Title: ISN Artist
Create original art for our web site and publications
Open position for illustrations on our medical pages
Position Reports To
ISN President, and eventually to other publications or web site manager
Candidate must be able to read and write English
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
The International Scleroderma Network (ISN) is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency founded in MinnesotaWe provide healthcare information and support via our 5,000+ page SCLERO.ORG website in 23 languagesWe publish the Voices of Scleroderma book series, and we support international research efforts for scleroderma
Scleroderma is a rare arthritis/autoimmune disease that is popularly known as the "disease that turns people to stone" because it causes a hardening of the skin, blood vessels and/or internal organs
- Recommends appropriate designs to the webmaster for approvalProjects may include animations, logos, banners, newsletter illustrations, and original art for patient story pages
- Determines the animation dimensions, colors and file size to create animations that will be appropriate and visually appealing for all platforms
- Designs and creates individual images using a readily available graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or MS Paint Shop Pro
- For animations, assembles the images into a single GIF89a file with the appropriate timing for transitions such as wipes, spits, sandstorms, rasters, and tiles.Uses readily available GIF assembly and compression software such as GIF Construction Set or GIF Animator
- Completely tests the animation to determine that results match expectations before submitting the file to the ISN's SWA Webmaster for display on the website
- Uses personal creativity to assure that all designs or applications are original, and that they are not "borrowed" from any other website, nor in any way a violation of intellectual property lawsUses only licensed and registered software in the creation of SWA materials
- Ability to determine appropriate animations for website viewing
- Creative design and development capabilities
- Disciplined and committed in completing projects within the requested timeframe
- Comfortable working in a team environment, and in doing revisions until the artwork meets all criteria for placement on the website
- Ability to work within creative constraints, such as the SWA's penguin mascot and red, white and blue color scheme
- Previous experience in designing, creating, assembling and compressing GIF image files
- Excellent creative design and development capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects within requested timeframes
- Ability to utilize own PC and appropriate software to produce the necessary graphic files
- Upon approval by SWA Webmaster, this artist may also request custom artwork from ISN artists, for example, developing designs from paintings of a surfing penguin done by Ione Bridgman
See ISN News
for recent donors, including memorials for
Christine Kane, Lilian and Lee Stiles, Charles Kendrick Watts and Marta Marx.
SCLERO.ORG is the world leader for trustworthy research, support, education and awareness for scleroderma and related illnesses, such as pulmonary hypertension. We are a service of the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network (ISN), which is a 501(c)(3) U.S.-based public charitable foundation, established in 2002. Meet Our Team, or Volunteer. Donations may also be mailed to:
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
7455 France Ave So #266
Edina, MN 55435-4702 USA
Email [email protected] to request our Welcome email, or to report bad links or to update this page content.
TOLL FREE HOTLINE 800-564-7099
Free to U.S. and Canadian Callers. Ask for our Free Info Packet by mail or email!
Scleroderma, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and related illnesses.
The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org!