ISN Volunteer Position Description: Volunteer Services Assistant
If you are interested in applying for any volunteer position with the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network, or if you have further questions about any position or possible openings, please email [email protected]
Title: Volunteer Services Assistant
Clerical assistance for our volunteer services department
This position is not available yetHowever, similar positions may be available so if you are interested in a position like this, please inquire!
Position Reports To
ISN President, and later to ISN Volunteer Services Manager, when that position is filled
Virtual VolunteerCandidate would work entirely from their own home via computerTherefore they must provide their own computer with Internet access as well as Microsoft software and printer
Candidate must be able to read and write English
Approximately four hours or more per week, on a regular basis
To provide clerical assistance to ISN Volunteer Services in one or more tasks which includes timekeeping, creating and maintaining organization lists, volunteer position postings, as well as render temporary support to other functional areas when such requests are necessary and approved
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
The International Scleroderma Network (ISN) is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency founded in MinnesotaWe provide healthcare information and support via our 5,000+ page web site (sclero.org) in 23 languagesWe publish the Voices of Scleroderma book series, and we support international research efforts for scleroderma
Scleroderma is a rare arthritis/autoimmune disease that is popularly known as the "disease that turns people to stone" because it causes a hardening of the skin, blood vessels and/or internal organs
- Follows appropriate ISN Communication Protocols
- Sends out and processes all ISN Volunteer Applications
- Collects and maintains timekeeping reports from all functional areas for organization records for potential grant maker requests
- Posts finalized ISN volunteer position descriptions on approved list of position posting web sites as well as on the ISN web site
- Creates and maintains organization lists in MS Word files/MS Access filesDistribute when updated based on approved access levels as determined by the ISN Board of Directors
- Uses ISN templates for email and cards to respond to a temporary support assignment to ISN Volunteer Services of donation emails, thank you cards for donations and in memory cards
- Proofreads all outgoing correspondence for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and for concise and easy to understand language
- Disciplined and committed in completing projects within the requested timeframe
- Willing to learn a great deal about scleroderma and related autoimmune symptoms, and medical and pharmacological terms for providing the best support
- Comfortable working in a team environment, and in doing revisions until the work meets all criteria
- Prior clerical experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects within requested timeframes
- Candidate must provide their own personal computer, printer, and Internet access with Microsoft software products and email to properly carry out the requirements of this volunteer position
See ISN News
for recent donors, including memorials for
Christine Kane, Joleen M. Cascaden.
SCLERO.ORG is the world leader for trustworthy research, support, education and awareness for scleroderma and related illnesses, such as pulmonary hypertension. We are a service of the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network (ISN), which is a 501(c)(3) U.S.-based public charitable foundation, established in 2002. Meet Our Team, or Volunteer. Donations may also be mailed to:
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
7455 France Ave So #266
Edina, MN 55435-4702 USA
Email [email protected] to request our Welcome email, or to report bad links or to update this page content.
TOLL FREE HOTLINE 800-564-7099
Free to U.S. and Canadian Callers. Ask for our Free Info Packet by mail or email!
Scleroderma, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and related illnesses.
The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org!