Sclero Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Enteroviruses and Type 1 Diabetes (T1D): Is It the Virus, the Genes or Both Which Cause T1D? This review discusses previously identified virus-associated genetics and pathways of β-cell destruction. PubMed, Microorganisms, 2020 Jul 8;8(7):E1017. (Also see Causes of Diabetes) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  3. Would you like to help scientists find a cure for scleroderma? Dozens of clinical trials for scleroderma and pulmonary hypertension are actively recruiting now. Review them and be sure to ask your scleroderma expert about the ones you are interested in. (Also see Current Clinical Trials and Scleroderma Experts) Posted 08/09/2020.
  4. Last week
  5. Avascular Necrosis (AVN) in Systemic Sclerosis (SSc) Patients: A Case-Based Review of Demographics, Presentation, and Management. A case of multifocal AVN in an SSc patient and a review of literature on the previously reported cases of SSc-related AVN. PubMed, Clin Rheumatol, 07/09/2020. (Also see Musculoskeletal Involvement) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  6. Conspiracy Theories Aside, Here’s What Contact Tracers Really Do. In the midst of the COVID-19 epidemic, contact tracing is downright buzzy, and not always in a good way. Kaiser Health News, 07/21/2020. This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  7. Did you know you can help raise scleroderma awareness? The nonprofit International Scleroderma Network offers scleroderma awareness bracelets! Bracelets for just $2.50 each with free shipping and handling! They say "scleroderma" on one side and "sclero.org" on the other. (Also see Get Scleroderma Awareness Bracelets) Posted 08/07/2020.
  8. Clinical presentation and diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. New diagnostic criteria have been developed to allow an earlier diagnosis and thus access to effective disease modifying treatments. PubMed, Clin Med (Lond), 2020 Jul;20(4):380-383. (Also see Multiple Sclerosis) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  9. Case Report: Multifactorial Pulmonary Hypertension in Systemic Sclerosis. We present a case of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in a patient with rapidly progressing symptoms to highlight the need for an early and thorough diagnostic workup. PubMed, Cureus. (Also see Pulmonary Hypertension Diagnosis) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  10. The International Scleroderma Network thanks United Therapeutics for their sponsorship support. Posted 08/06/2020.
  11. Hi, I have been diagnosed with this and in a recent letter from the Doctors it had Anti Scleroderma-70 positive. Anybody know what this means?
  12. Scientists inch closer to blood test to detect early stage cancer. Scientists are edging closer to developing blood tests that could detect early stage cancer, before patients show any symptoms of the disease. NBC Health News, 07/21/2020. (Also see Cancer) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  13. Hi Damion, Welcome to these forums! I'm very sorry to hear that your aunt has been diagnosed with scleroderma and I'm sending my best wishes to you. I can understand your concern and I've included links to our medical pages on Kidney Involvement and Skin Involvement, which I hope you'll find helpful and informative. Because of the nature of scleroderma, the symptoms tend to be treated on a stand alone basis, so we do recommend that our members, if possible, consult a listed scleroderma expert, as this complex disease requires special knowledge and expertise to deal with all it's little idiosyncrasies. Kind regards,
  14. My favorite aunt in the whole wide world, one of the sweetest ladies I know, has been recently diagnosed with scleroderma. This is new to her as we have never had anyone in our circle of friends or family deal with the disease. She is currently in the hospital and her kidneys are being attacked by Sclero. Doctors are saying she should have dialysis for a short period of time. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any information you can give in terms of dealing with it, what products you use for your skin, all would be helpful. Thanks for your time, blessings.
  15. Impact of intrathecal IgG synthesis on neurological disability in patients with multiple sclerosis. IgG levels in CSF at MS diagnosis are significantly correlated with the level of neurological disability independent of the relapse frequency. PubMed, Mult Scler Relat Disord, 2020 Jul 7;45:102382. (Also see Multiple Sclerosis) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  16. Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network. Posted 08/04/2020.
  17. Earlier
  18. An update on the pharmacotherapeutic options and treatment strategies for systemic sclerosis. Combining therapies to address the individual manifestations of SSc is a cornerstone to the comprehensive management of this condition. PubMed, Expert Opin Pharmacother, 2020 Jul 17;1-15. (Also see Treatments - General) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  19. 'No-swab' saliva test for coronavirus piloted in Britain. A weekly coronavirus testing regime using a “no-swab” saliva test is being trialled in Southern England, and could result in a simpler and quicker way to detect outbreaks of the virus, the British government said. Reuters Health, 06/22/2020. This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  20. The International Scleroderma Network thanks Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc. for their sponsorship support. Posted 08/02/2020.
  21. The Impact of Tocilizumab (TCZ) on Anxiety and Depression in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). This study has demonstrated a favourable impact of TCZ therapy on parameters reflecting depression and anxiety severity in patients with RA. PubMed, Eur J Clin Invest, 2020 Jun 1;e13268. (Also see Clinical Trials, Depression and Symptoms and Complications of Rheumatoid Arthritis) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  22. Hi Puzzled, Welcome to these forums! I'm sorry to hear that you have had a worrying result from your CT scan. As I have no medical training and therefore cannot advise you, I would suggest that you go back to your pulmonologist and request that he explain your results to you in more detail. Kind regards,
  23. The only symptoms I have in the past 3 months was dry cough and fatigue. I saw my pulmonologist yesterday after PFT shows diffusion capacity 61 and CT scan shows mild air trapping. The doctor says I have asthmatic tendency, but I don’t have asthma so I felt better then, but when I read the progress note it says I have small air way disease and restrictive lung disease. I’m panicked; my CT didn’t show any typical pattern of honeycombing and it says no evidence of interstitial lung disease, but what’s the evidence I have restrictive lung disease ?
  24. Treatment With Mycophenolate (MMF) and Cyclophosphamide (CYC) Leads to Clinically Meaningful Improvements in Patient-Reported Outcomes in Scleroderma Lung Disease (SSc-ILD). Treatment with CYC and MMF improved overall health-related quality of life in patients with SSc-ILD. PubMed, ACR Open Rheumatol, 05/20/2020. (Also see Cellcept and Cyclophosphamide) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  25. Hi everyone, So nice to hear about others being out there with positive ANA and a negative ANA and Positive scl70 ( mine is 2.6 and 2 weeks later 2.4 ) but not showing symptoms ( besides Raynaud's ) I did got through cancer treatment 3 years ago ( ABVD for Hodgkin Lymphoma ) so they think it may just be related to that. My rheumatologist is going to check me in 6 months again to see if anything changes, but she said I should not worry about it at all since apparently it is quite common to be positive for these things and never show the disease, apparently the scl 70 test isn't a true positive unless it goes over 8 ? Would love to hear from you Elizabeth if disease ever happened. Thanks
  26. Novartis halts malaria drug trial against COVID-19 amid participant shortfall. Novartis is halting its trial of malaria drug hydroxychloroquine against COVID-19 after struggling to find participants, as data emerged from other studies raising doubts about its efficacy. Reuters Health, 06/19/2020. (Also see DMARDs) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  27. Long-Term Safety of Rituximab in Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis (GPA) or Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA). These findings provide clinicians with long-term, practice-level safety data for rituximab in the treatment of GPA or MPA. PubMed, Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken), 05/31/2020. (Also see Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  28. TLY012 Receives FDA Orphan Drug Status for Systemic Scleroderma. An early study showed that TLY012 killed skin myofibroblasts from people with scleroderma, while it did not have the same effect in cells derived from people without the disease. Scleroderma News, 05/31/2020. (Also see Fibroblasts) This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
  1. Load more activity