I have generalised morphea undiagnosed for 4 months. All over front, most of back, legs and arms.
Started methotrexate (MTX) two weeks ago - test dose 2.5 then 2 doses of 15mg each with a 5mg folic acid two days after. Feeling very tired, nauseous. This weekend particularly tired and nauseous. This morning - 3 days after MTX developed a sore in the corner of my mouth. Rang registrar as per instructions on the MTX leaflet. She said stop taking it until I'm seen in clinic. I said that I had read that many people seem to need more folic acid when on MTX. She said as I've reacted so soon don't take it because I would then have to be admitted to be given folic infusions? Does this make any sense to anyone?
I'm the first case that the registrar has treated and she's having to ask the consultant for answers for all my questions - am I wrong to feel worried?