Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda Thorpe

Bad news...may get worse!

22 posts in this topic

oh Amanda

what a shock! I can't begin to understand how you must be feeling now,(I dont even understand some of the terminology) but you have had good news from Janey and I hope you will feel much better IF you do need a pacemaker (or two!)

Why should bad stuff happen to the BEST people? Im sure your sense of humour will soon be back on top, telling us funny anecdotes about your treatment and recovery! Im so thankfull that you are receiving the best of care.

Sending you the warmest of best wishes

see you soon

Debs x

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry all this is happening to you! It does sound as though you've got great doctors, though, to figure out what's wrong and help you through it. And it's good that Janey could tell you about her experience and how well she's done.

You're in my thoughts!

Hugs,

warmheart :flowers:

Hi Amanda

I just read your post. My thoughts are with you. I can't imagine how shell-shocked you must feel. Stay strong and positive - you have great strength of mind to face this. I am so glad you have received good care at TRF and have heard great things about the Brompton, too, so hope they treat you just as well.

Stay warm and take care,

Susie

Susie

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry you have continuing and worsening heart issues, and hope that the pacemakers get things back on track for you. I know many of us consider the diagnosis to be the big fright, but often that is just the start of more "interesting episodes."

But just think -- once you have two pacemakers, it would probably take a neutron bomb to stop your heart from ticking! You'll just keep on going and going and going!

Here's some flowers for you, in the meantime. :flowers:

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Amanda,

You have such a good attitude, I admire you greatly. I hope everything turns out for the best one way or another. You're right about sclero, there's never a dull moment!

miocean

ISN Artist