SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

Crumbling tooth

Finally made it to the dentist, I had an xray taken, decay in the centre of the tooth right down to the roots :temper-tantrum: . I was asked whether I was in any pain, so I said no, only slightly if I eat on that side of the mouth. So, I had it filled, the dentist put a child's block into my mouth, so I could relax my jaw, and even that block was too big :( .

The dentist mentioned that I hardly had any saliva in my mouth, which I suspected anyway, so It looks like I have Sjrogren's, I also have dry itchy eyes. Later on in the day, my tooth started to really throb, so I called the dentist, and she mentioned that there was a lot of trauma, with the filling and all to the tooth, and to give it some time to heal. If the tooth was still throbbing in the next 24 hours, I may have to have it pulled out. So I zonked myself out with pain medication,and slept all night, and woke up this morning, with no pain. So, hopefully things have started to settle down.

Best wishes

Summer

Hi Summer

That's good news that you're not in pain now and the tooth seems to have settled down.

Hopefully you won't get any more trouble with that particular tooth; like you, I've found that all my teeth seem to ache for a while, after a heavy session at the dentists.