msmale

Seizing of joints

21 posts in this topic

Thank you so much Robyn I would really appreciate that. I also have to say new pain meds are working a treat and I reckon I will even be able to clean my house today Yay. Now to most people that probably sounds ridiculous to be that happy to be cleaning but for me its pure independance. At one stage I had to have a cleaner and as nice as it was to come home to a clean house I felt it more as a loss. It also never ceases to amaze me how much my fatigue improves when the pain does, It really is a good day today. Only problem today is the Raynaud's it's hard to type with numb fingers and gloves!!! I restocked my glove supply on Saturday, they are just like socks and I would love to know where they have disappeared too.

I hope everyone else is having a good day too.

Lots of positive thoughts to you all

Cheers Michelle

Hi again Michelle

Yipppeee. I am so happy to hear about your relief from pain and the joy that comes with being normal. A wonderful reminder of what life is about.

Keep on sweeping

:you-rock:

Tara

Hi Tara

I spoke too soon!!! Although having that good weekend was a godsend.

Unfortuanately I caught a virus which, because of the immunosuppression, turned into multiple infections and another diagnosis of diverticulitis.

It was a nightmare and on Friday when I was admitted feeling unbeliebably ill and extremely sorry for myself if I hadn't had kids, the thought of being put out of my misery would have been high in my thoughts. (Im not depressed).

Anyway I'm home now and when I was at occupational therapy yestgerday gettin a splint made I met a woman who not only has scleroderma but is part of organising festivities in South Australia on the 29th for World Scleroderma day.

So I now have the number of someone for support. We were obviously meant to meet as we were accidentally booked into the same time slot.

I just hope my boss will be understanding to me having a day off after having eight already and then I have several day ops coming up fingers crossed.

To everyone else I hope all is well and I send you loads of positive thoughts.x :flowers:

Hi Michelle,

What a fantastic coincidence that you met up with the lady. I wonder could it be Barb by any chance?

Sorry to hear that your bubble burst in this way, but there seems to be lots of ups and downs for some people with scleroderma. Let's hope you have mostly ups! And yes, children do tend to make us fight on regardless.

Hope your boss is understanding.

Is there any chance of you getting to the Seminar in South Australia? Here you would meet lots of others who can support you.

:emoticons-group-hug:

Hi Robyn

It was Barb, she seems amazing. Im pretty sure she is going to ring me today. I am going to try really hard to get there but you always worry that they are going to get stroppy at work even though I am one of their hardest workers.

I am so glad to be home, now the hard part trying to relax even though I am tired.

Thanks Robyn I hope you have a great day. :VeryHappy:

Hi All,

Barb is a delegate on the Scleroderma Australia committee. She came to Melbourne for our last Annual General Meeting and was instrumental in getting our new brochure on Dealing with Bowel and Bladder Problems off the ground. I have them in our office ready to post around Australia.

Small World!! :emoticons-line-dance: