Keep smiling

Good doctor in Sydney

2 posts in this topic

I've posted this request on the Main forum and this is my first post on the Australian forum and I'm hoping to get some good advice in finding a good doctor in Sydney.


I haven't been diagnosed with scleroderma (yet?) but I have an Anti nuclear antibody reading of 1:2560 which I'm told is very high and I've had Raynauds for 5 years or more. A rash started on the soles of both my feet at the beginning of May and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it - it's now thick, cracked and hard, making walking very difficult. I've been to several general practitioner's and an immunologist and have used many tubes of steroid creams plus jars and jars of moisturisers. Now it's started on my hands - grrr!


I think I might also have some heart involvement as a stress echo test showed unusual results, so they suggested an angiogram, which showed my heart and arteries were okay but the muscle walls were going into spasm? The cardiologist said it was out of his area of expertise but he ordered the ANA test anyway. The immunologist thought the rash on my feet was dermatitis, which I've never had before and it doesn't seem to be responding even though I'm doing all that she suggested. If anybody has any suggestions for easing the skin on my feet and or preventing it from getting worse on my hands I'd really appreciate it.


Many thanks for this forum, I don't know where else to turn.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Keep Smiling,



Welcome to the Australian Forum Keep Smiling!


Seems you are having quite a time of it with all the different symtoms and no diagnosis!


Unfortunately your's is a common story as scleroderma can present so differently for many people.


If you are looking for a scleroderma specialist in Sydney you would be well advised to seek an opinion through the Australian Scleroderma Interest Group. These doctors have set up scleroderma clinics in each State. They are very familiar with the disease and apart from treatment they also have an extensive database of over one thousand people in Australia with scleroderma. The keep track of their patients in the hope of finding more information. You can find more information on their website and will need a referal of course.


I hope some others can perhaps help with your foot rash. As you said you have not had a diagnosis of scleroderma so this rash may be something else entirely.


Let's see if others can help.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now