Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaggers

It's been awhile

15 posts in this topic

Hi All,

It's been awhile so just let me reintroduce myself. I'm Jaggers and wishing everyone a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, I'm off to Melbourne for a few days with a mate leaving late afternoon on holiday day,

so cheers all

and see you all in the New Year

Jaggers

Hi Jagger,

Welcome to our Forum. I hope you and your friend have a great time in Melbourne.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks Robyn,

First real holiday in years. When does the avarta change has put in an ace a sunset over Western Australia my home state.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone again; it's been 7 weeks now of having no problems with my breathing, I've had the odd cough but that's it, so have been pushing myself over the weekend. I haven't used my walker and done a bit of walking on level ground, for me I can cope with the pain it was the struggling to breathe and no breaks from the coughing. Just taking each break and not worrying about when it will come to an end. Just enjoying.

Hi Robyn,

It was great though in the end we didn't stay in Melbourne. Went on up to Sydney, dropped in on mates, had a look at some miniature horses and went to a show where a couple of friends did really well.

Week 8 was a little breathless and wheezy and the odd coughing bout over the weekend but it seems to have settled again, The chemo treatment is double along with high doses of steriods before it starts has stopped any reaction from happening, Even the nursing staff made comments on how much better I looked and sounded they couldn't get over the change as they have known me for 3 years

So pleased that you do seem to be doing much better, Jaggers! :emoticons-yes:

Thanks Joelf, but my break is over it lasted nearly 10 weeks and was great to feel nearly normal and to be able to walk again. It was what I missed the most; now looking forward to my next break.