SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

Hi Liz,

I'm afraid I can't give you a reply from my own experience as thankfully I don't suffer with Sjogren's. However, I have found another thread about punctal plugs and also if you scroll down to the bottom of this link it describes a procedure called thermal cautery. which hopefully will give you some more information.

Dry eyes do sound a most unpleasant condition and I hope you'll be able to get some relief from it.

Best wishes,

Hi guys

Many thanks for info. It's all useful stuff.

Amanda, I think the first set of plugs stayed in about 8 weeks at the most but they were slightly different from this second lot, which, though not quite as effective, seem to be staying in longer. Yet another query for the consultant! I'll report back!

Liz

The punctal plugs make a lot of difference & make keeping my eyes open less difficullt. I have used eye drops for years & still need them to a lesser extent, even with the plugs. I agree, Night Owl, eye drops are tedious but vital!

My next appointment is in April & I'm hoping the consultant will really convince me of the best option. The thermal cautery sounds great, but there's no going back.

Will let you know.

Liz

Thanks Liz. I remember well seeing how the dry eyes affected you to the extent that you needed to wear sunglasses, indoors, in the middle of winter, in the UK not a place renowned for sunshine!

I am glad the plugs are giving you some relief.

Take care.

• 2 months later...

My pleasure, Liz and I'm really pleased that the punctal plugs have helped you.

May they continue to improve the quality of your life! :emoticons-yes:

Kind regards,