• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
summer

Problem Feet

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone had or have problems with tight painful stiff Achilles Tendons? Mine have been a problem now going on 4 months especially first thing in the morning getting out of bed and after sitting down for awhile. I have also noticed the past few days that when I walk they start to click.

My other problem is very hot tingling/burning feet I only notice this at night time and it often can keep me awake at night.

Many thanks

Celia

ced,

My feet are pretty stiff too. I have to stretch them just like everything else. My ankles crack a lot. My achilles don't get too tight though.

I used to have problems with hot, burning, tingling feet too but that has long since gone.

I don't know what to recommend to help you. Maybe a cool soak with epsom salts before bed?

Take Care,

Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

I have problems with my feeet too. At night I rubbed them with the other foot. It feels so good. When I was in my twenties my feet would feel like it was buring and I would have to take my shoes off. I can remeber one time I couldn't get my shoe untied quick enough so I had cut the shoe lace. Eventually it went away. What bothers me now is when I am standing too long, I have no padding on the ball of my foot, plus I have no arches so I wear arch supports. Sorry you are having a time with your feet. I hope it gets better soon. Sam

Sam

Hello, I have been experiencing massive amounts of pain in my feet!!

I sit there and try to locate the precise spot where the pain is, and while I am flexing my feet or walking I notice my achilles tendons are really tight.

I have too much weight on but I am sure it is only part of the reason.

I have crest scleroderma, osteoarthritis, raynauds even involving my tongue, rheumatoid arthritis, and the rheumatologist has just said I have fibromyalgia, which I am not so certain of as thyroid problems have not been ruled out and I have polycystic ovaries. Just for good measure I also have a haemanginoma on my liver and my eyesight is fading rapidly.

Anyway back to my ankle. It has been hurting for three months and the doctors keep brushing it of. I can hardly walk down stairs, the pain is horrendous at night time.

Accupuncture helped. Yesterday I had a type of physical therapy, using a technique which rolls the muscles to help them release tension, and when he worked on my lower back, the pain in my ankle was horrible, like a knife.

After the therapist told me to relax and go with the pain it was fine.

Most suprisingly when I was home the pain was gone. So My theory is it is helped by the lower back being in good shape.

I am going for x-rays this week finnaly.

Best wishes