Sweet

Pcp Appt.

24 posts in this topic

Hi Sweet,

Did you ask your doctor about the Celebrex at your last appointment? I got to start taking mine again this morning and it is amazing how quickly it reduced the pain (both joint and muscle pain). I am still a bit achey, but not like I was just a few days ago and am expecting it to lessen even more in a couple of days. I don't know if it would help you, but it may be worth trying.

Warm wishes,

Heidi

Hello Sweet, I'm sorry to hear about your added Fibro to the mix. I also have Fibro., it's funny the last time I saw my rheumatologist he said I neded to do exercises in a swimming pool, and asked if I had one. We did have one, when we lived in the Desert, if you didn't it would be pretty bad, considering the awfull heat we had there. I take Norvasc for my Raynauds, I don't think it seems to help much. I take Flexeril for my neck and shoulder pain, it does seem to help, but makes the constipation a lot worse, just what I need.

It is quite funny how these doctors seem to think we're all made of money. I would love to have a hot tub here but the cost of propane is way to high here. As far as the Fibro. I use my heating pad just about everyday. The heat feels great for the pain. I hope your feeling better soon. Are you getting as much rain as we are here on the Coast in Washington? I'm beginning to think we won't need to put a pool in, we'll have one put in automatically by nature. Take care.

Jackie S.

Hi Sweet,

I'm sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia, on top of everything else. It's on my list of things I'd most love to give away, but even the friendly folks at the thrift store won't take it! :huh:

Piper, I am still trying to figure out what your doctor meant by "grumbling disease". I sure hope they weren't implying that people with UCTD are simply complainers! They should walk a mile in your shoes and they sure wouldn't make comments like that any more.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Hi Piper and Shelley,

My rheumatologist has described my UDCT as having a "whiff" of something, but nothing full blown. So, I am wondering if by describing your UDCT as "grumbling", he just meant that it isn't full blown anything, but just shows up as spurts or grumbles....not that you are a grumbler, but the disease grumbles and causes symptoms but isn't fully forthcoming. Just a thought....

Warm wishes,

Heidi

Hi Heidi and Shelley, Yes, I think that's exactly what he meant Heidi. I just wish he would give it a name. Do you know what I mean? Without that I sometimes feel like it's all in my head. I really believe that I fullfill the UCTD criteria as I have tons of symptoms and have had a positive ANA for the past 5 years. I keep developing new symptoms all the time but not enough to satisfy any specific disease critieria. Maybe now that he sees my hands curling he'll take it more seriously, and maybe not. :unsure: I try so hard to get on with my life and pretend that there's nothing wrong. I know that many of you have been in this spot before.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Hugs, Piper

I agree Shelley, it would be good to even see a rheumatologist again. lol

Hugs, Piper