Sclero Forums
summer

Weird Trembling

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced this:

For a few weeks now I have been getting a weird trembling feeling inside my upper body, when I hold my hands or arms out I am not trembling but the feeling is deep inside. I also experience heart palpatations and my pulse has reached 109BPM, I also feel dizzy. This can last any time from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I did mention it to my rheumatologist but she never said anything.

Your thoughts or opinions are most welcome

Kind regards

Celia ;)

Hi Celia,

I think I experience the same thing. It also happens when I sneeze, it starts everything shaking and slowly it will calm down. I never did mention it to my dr because I thought for sure he would think I am a whacko!

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

I use to get that too years ago. I hd noticed it that it happen when I was in a restuarnt where I would go and have coffee before work. I think it was from my meds I had taken at the time. I haven't done it in years. It felt like a nervous disorder or soemthing. Sam

Sam

Hi Celia,

I also experience the kind of trembling you described along with heart palpitations and a rapid pulse (as high as 147). I believe that my symptoms are associated with atrial fibrillation.

I recently began having problems again with atrial fibrillations and atrial flutter after three years. My cardiologist is trying the meds that worked for me before.

Your doctors may want to do an EKG to rule out atrial fibrillation in your case.

Best wishes,

Ron

Updated 8/10/07: Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (dx 03/2002). Diffuse Scleroderma, Dermatomyositis.

Hi Celia,

I have also experienced this. I actually feel as though I shake inside or vibrate. I would tell doctors this and they would look at me like I was crazy. It did revolve around my heart pounding and acting up. This past winter I had PVC's and irregular heart rythmn show up. Why our hearts race is a mystery as are alot of things. Hope you get relief soon. I hate that feeling. SUsie54

Hi!

I am like Sweet in that when it happens, I am pretty sure it is due to low blood sugar and I have to eat something right away.

Warm wishes,

Heidi

I have had this as well. There does seem to be many of us that experience this, but it always seems it for various reasons. :unsure: It's so hard to know sometimes what is disease related or just something else. B)

Your Friend,

Gi Gi

I too have experienced the shakes, probably low blood sugar. I was shaking the other day when I posted about my son, so I suppose stress can trrigger mine.

But, the rapid heartbeat is a mystery to me. I've experienced this in the middle of the night. It wakes me up and feels like a jackhammer vibrating my whole body. Hasn't happened in a long time so it's not like it has ever been a regular occurence.

B

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Thank you every one for the imput. I don't think that the trembling is due to low blood sugar as it seems to happen about 0ne hour after I have eaten . I shall mention it to my rheumatologist when I next seem her.

Kind regards

Celia :)