Sclero Forums
quiltfairy

New to this disease..

It is nice to hear you are getting so much support from family and your doctor seems to be doing the right things. Dealing with a disease is really frightening, especially when you don't have the answers. Prepare yourself for a roller coaster ride, because that is what it like; you will have your ups and downs. 

A recent example I can give you for me is that a recent pulmonary function test showed my diffusion rate had decrease by 7% down to 25 which is very low. I was very upset about this as I have been turned down for a lung transplant at 2 centers.  However, my recent Echo shows improvement and a recent spirometry at my pulmonary doctor also showed improvement. I can't figure it out and try not to get too overworked about anything these days. It's taken me a long time to understand a number is just a number and can vary for many reasons. 

My hair also fell out all over my body. I am very fair so it grew back but curly. The good thing about this is I was starting to get normal peach fuzz on my face, almost had a light mustache, and that is all gone now! 

miocean