SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

I lived with my father in high school and loved a particular brand of chewing gum, Bubble gum flavor.  We traded grocery shopping every other week with list in hand from the other.  One week I asked for that brand of chewing gum, pink, large pack (I wanted more than a small 5 stick package).  Dear father returned with a case of purple  sanitary pads of the same brand name and apologized saying there were no bulk pink ones. :lol:

Last week I was texting with my father, who is more aged now.  I said  "ears stuffy, no pop in a couple days" while complaining about a cold virus.  He replied "Drink more water, eat prunes and buy stool softener". :)

We had a family visit over the last  holiday weekend.  They have 4 children including 2 young boys.  Of course jumping on the bed was great entertainment.  We are in an Recreational Vehicle (small living space) for now that has a sliding door from bed to bathroom.  My dear daughter asked to go potty, when I went to help her she tried to stand in front of the toilet. :o

I hope these put a smile on your face :)  

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for sharing your amusing stories about your family (I particularly like the second one about the cold virus!  :lol: )

My elderly mother quite often misses the point as well (like your father!) I have a very dry, caustic sense of humour and have to be careful that any wisecrack I make doesn't sound too facetious.  ;)  There's nothing worse than a pained silence greeting the punchline of what I imagine is an amusing remark!  :wacko: 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...