Clementine

Reglan

8 posts in this topic

I am taking Reglan for dysmotility. I keep reading bad things about Reglan's side effects..and after Zelnorm was taken off the market (another drug I used to take but decided to quit on my own a few months ago) I am very hesitant.

Can people that are taking it please post if they are having any side effects?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer, I've been on Reglan for over a year and I don't have any side effects. I really like that it has helped my swallowing and esophogus problems.

Sherion

Jennifer,

I asked about side effects of Reglan in an earlier post and as I recall I think only one or two people had problems. The GI doctor told me that it can heightened depression if you already suffer from it and it can cause nervous twitches. I still might try it. I took myself off of Zelnorm because I was so sick on it. I think I might give Reglan a chance. I need to do something.

Take care,

Nan

I usually do well on any new med. Reglan has actually been the only drug that I have ever experienced bad side effects on.

I got the uncontrolable jaw jerks. Really strange feeling. Not painful , just strange! :blink: Was told to go off it right away.

Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Is Reglan used mainly to help those with problems swallowing? Or is it also used to help with acid reflux?

Thanks,

Sakar

Hi Sakar,

My understanding is that Reglan is used for motility problems....moving food through the esophagus and not for GERD.

Warm wishes,

Heidi

Thanks,

I was just curious because I am taking it. I don't have problems swallowing but I do believe I have problems moving food through all the channels.

Sakar

Jennifer, I have to amend my last letter. I just found out that reglan is causing me to drool terribly bad at night! I don't think I drooled this bad when I was a teething baby. Thank goodness it's only at night and not during the day! That's the only trouble I have with reglan.

Sherion