Sclero Forums
RKing

Raynaud's ulcers on fingers.

I have read many different treatments for digital ulcers on this website and others. Currently I am in the middle of switching Rheumatologist since my current Dr. does not feel he is qualified. I am being transferred to KU Med, one of the best in Kansas. But I will not be seeing him until the 11th of next month. I also broke my ankle and just got over a staph infection where they inserted the plate into my tibia. It left a hole in my ankle so I am seeing a wound treatment facility for that. I asked them how to treat the ulcers and they said to paint them with betadine which helps along with building a shell around the ulcer. BUT it does not appear to actually be healing.

I will ask my new Dr. how to treat them but in the meantime I cannot take calcium channel blockers since I swell up from the waist down. I am on Sildenafil and Niacin. I was wanting to know if anyone has any other treatment suggestions I can mention to my current Dr. that has been successful to treat the ulcers and help  them to heal faster. This has been a 6 month ordeal so far and I am not getting any worse but I do not seem to be healing either. Any suggestions I can run past my current Dr. and make sure they are ok for me to try? I know the best way is to avoid them but since I am new to Scleroderma and Raynaud's I didn't even know what they were so preventive is a little late now but in the future I have lots of information.

Thank you for any suggestions.