Jump to content
Sclero Forums

I am concerned about my health and want some input from other people.

Recommended Posts

I've had autoimmune symptoms for a few years, which had started in my younger teenage years. They were always the standard low-grade fever,  muscle pain, high ANA (always around 300 when tested) , swelling and Raynaud's syndrome. None of the doctors I've seen knew the cause for these symptoms, and I eventually learned to adapt to them.


Recently, I've been overwhelmed by pain, having a hard time with general motor functions (and was actually tested for motor neurone disease (ALS) ) hair loss, weight loss (I generally have a hard time keeping on weight), fingers becoming more misshapen,  high heart rate with low blood pressure, sleeping a lot and I started to develop lumps on my fingers that push out white hard rock like things.


In the past, years ago, I was screened for multiple sclerosis (MS), Lupus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and thyroid issues. At that time, all the information they got years ago was that my ANA stood around 300 with a speckled type, my anti-centromere B was high, my A/G levels were off and my hemogoblin was off. The other anti centomere was fine and the information was inconclusive and I was not tested for those things since.


I am just wondering if this forum has any ideas of what could be happening and give any idea of what direction I should be going in. Especially since things seem to be getting worse and a recent doctor I've seen said that I reminded him of his family member with CREST and said I should go to Mayo.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi GIC687,


Welcome to these forums!


I'm sorry to hear that you've been troubled with autoimmune problems and are now experiencing worrying symptoms. The symptoms you describe could relate to any number of health problems and as I have no medical training it's not possible for me to hazard a guess as to the nature of your illness. We do recommend that our members consult a knowledgeable specialist (if the problem is scleroderma, then a listed scleroderma expert would be your best bet.) Certainly I would suggest that you try and see a consultant sooner rather than later (especially as you have previously had autoimmune problems)  in order that you can receive the correct treatment.


As regards your blood test results, please see our sticky thread here.


Kind regards,

Jo Frowde

ISN Board Member

ISN Secretary of the Board

ISN Assistant Webmaster

SD World Webmaster

ISN Sclero Forums Manager

ISN News Manager

ISN Hotline Support Specialist

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...