barefut

Back From Colonoscopy & Endoscopy

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Got back lastnight from a long weekend in the big city and my "scopes". doctor took biopsies from both ends and I'll know results in 2 weeks.

Discharge instructions said colonoscopy normal and come back in 10 years, yet he took a biopsy....? What's up with that? I can only guess that taking biopsies are a standard routine?

Endoscopy said esophagitis. He didn't stretch my esophagus - guess it didn't need it - yay!

I asked if he could look at my vocal cords and he said no (why?) but he'd be able to tell if reflux was causing my problems. I didn't get to talk to him after so I know nothing about that yet.

He had also ordered a motility test that he didn't tell me about. No big deal but I like to be informed and know ahead of time! It course it showed dismotility. I could have saved some time and money and just told him that. I had a different motility test done last year which showed the same thing. Did I really need another one?

Going for 3 mo check up with rheumy tomorrow am.

Good night all,

Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hi Barefut,

I am glad you are back from your tests and that so far nothing new popped up. I do believe it is standard procedure to take a biopsy when a colonosocopy is done. I know when they did mine a few years back a biopsy was taken.

I too get frustrated with all the tests and not being informed. My gastor doctor suggested doing another motility test and I just bluntly asked him, "Why bother? We know I am having motility issues, but I am handling them fine at the moment. And what difference would having the test make in my treatment?". He agreed none, so we passed on the test...thank goodness!

Please do let us know how your appointment goes today and what you learn from the biopsy results.

Warm wishes,

Heidi

How are you doing? I'm glad everything went well for you. So they told you, not another Colonoscopy for ten years? That's quite a while. I was having mine done every 2 years and now they have switched it to every 5 years, thank heavens. Also, if you just had a Motility test recently, why would you need another one? Did he do the last Motility test? If he didn't, sometimes they want a recent test done for there own purposes, I quess. You probably had Pollops in the bottom area that's why they took biopsies. I think your results sound similiar to mine I just had my Upper GI and Colonoscopy done a few weeks ago. All biopsies were fine. Well, take care and good luck with your biopsies.

Jackie S.

Barefut,

Glad to hear that you made it past the tests!!! You got one "normal"....lets root for one more. Im sure you are ancious to hear what the rheumatologist has to say.

*WestCoast*

Hi Barefut,

Glad to hear the tests went well. Hopefully the biopsies will be normal and you will be done with testing for a while!

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

Well, it's a good thing I didn't have my endoscopy one week later, after watching my favorite MD show where an endoscopy went wrong and the patient died!

Maybe I'd better stop watching medical dramas. Got enough of that in real life.

;) Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger