SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

I get a flu shot every year and it has never made me sick. At first I got one because I worked with kids and now I get one because my immune system is so low. I get one in dialysis every year. I was told after my kidney transplant even my husband should get one. I know there is a lot of controversy about vaccines but I haven't been sick since I received the shots. I think they are worth it.

It looks like I'm going to be the oddball in the group. I no longer get flu shots. I've had two in the past and both times I was sick the entire winter. It's going to take a lot of persuasion to get me to even consider it again. That's just me, I've always been a bit "different" lol lol Sherion

I get a flu shot every year. They don't make me sick. I also highly recommend the pneumonia shot which is good for about 5-7 years. That was recommended by my rheumatologist and gastroenterologist because of acid reflux going into the lungs now and then. That is brutal- very painful when it happens and can cause chronic bronchitis and lung infections.

I'm with Sherion. I do not get a flu shot anymore. I used to but have stopped and have have the same results without the flu shot. I think this is an individual thing and all of our bodies are different.

Good Luck!!

Sue

I have been getting the flu shot and pnemonia shot every year since I have been diagnosed, my rheumatologist insists on it. I have never had any side effects from them, nor have I had the flu or pnemonia since I have been getting them, I think we are react differently, I know of people that say they have gotten sick from them. What does your rheumatologist advise? Good luck, Sally

I stopped getting flu shots 4 months after my diagnosis. After getting a flu shot one time, I got the flu two weeks later and it turned into pneumonia. Allergic reaction for me outweighed a flu shot. It depends on the immune system of each individual. Just take precautions is all that I can say. And talk it over with your doctor.

take care

At my doctor's insistance, I've had a flu shot every year for eight years and never had any negative reaction. Neither have I had the flu.

I've also had pneumonia shots with the same positive results.

Dee

• Joelf locked this topic
  • Joelf unlocked this topic