Sclero Forums

Hi Ron here,  how are you coping with the pandemic?  I am in Calgary Alberta Canada, it starting to get bad here, everyone is urged stay home and a pile of non essential business, inc doctor offices are closed.  Going shopping is a nightmare, people hoarding, shortages long line ups to get in stores, I think its going to get a lot worse.  I am not afraid of the virus, I will respect it, but I will not let it control my life.  I have poor lung function, due to pulmonary fibrosis, from SD, but I am not afraid of the virus.  My mom is 78 and us boys will do her shopping for her, to limit her risk.

Morning Ronald.....I'm in PA, USA, and have been under a *stay at home* policy going on the 3rd week now.  At first, it was hard, but we've gotten into a routine.  I am the one doing the shopping, etc, since I'm the *youngest*  (at 65 ) - hubby is on statins & has blood issues,  my sweet aunt Tootie is almost 90,  and Gareth has the UCTD and Immune deficiencies.  My hope is that since Gareth has been on Plaquenil since he was diagnosis'd, age 18, that he is going to be okay.  I had to pharmacy shop this past week to find one that could replace it for the next 30 days!!!  That's scary!!!   He had his monthly IVIg March 25, so his immune tank is on full.  :happy: We have chosen to have Gareth home with us, instead of in the group home, until this passes.

As social individuals, it's hard not being together, especially with family members and close friends. :sad:  I miss my volunteer job at a local thrift store, but it's like the one comedian said *we're being asked to stay home, sit on our butts in front of the tv.  We're not being asked to take a gun and go into a world war*  My cell phone has had a major workout, too, connecting via texts/messages to everyone and keeping up with occurrences in our lives.  All of us are pretty boring right now!!!  :lol:   

Stay safe everyone,     :hug-group:

Margaret

Mom to Gareth, 31 years old, DS/ASD

On 4/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, Margaret said:

Morning Ronald.....I'm in PA, USA, and have been under a *stay at home* policy going on the 3rd week now.  At first, it was hard, but we've gotten into a routine.  I am the one doing the shopping, etc, since I'm the *youngest*  (at 65 ) - hubby is on statins & has blood issues,  my sweet aunt Tootie is almost 90,  and Gareth has the UCTD and Immune deficiencies.  My hope is that since Gareth has been on Plaquenil since he was diagnosis'd, age 18, that he is going to be okay.  I had to pharmacy shop this past week to find one that could replace it for the next 30 days!!!  That's scary!!!   He had his monthly IVIg March 25, so his immune tank is on full.  :happy: We have chosen to have Gareth home with us, instead of in the group home, until this passes.

As social individuals, it's hard not being together, especially with family members and close friends. :sad:  I miss my volunteer job at a local thrift store, but it's like the one comedian said *we're being asked to stay home, sit on our butts in front of the tv.  We're not being asked to take a gun and go into a world war*  My cell phone has had a major workout, too, connecting via texts/messages to everyone and keeping up with occurrences in our lives.  All of us are pretty boring right now!!!  :lol:   

Stay safe everyone,     :hug-group:

Margaret

Mom to Gareth, 31 years old, DS/ASD

I get out at the end of day and take a drive in the country, listening to music.  We are suppose to stay at home as well, but taking a drive out of town is not putting anyone at risk.  I know California is on lock down, we are on a voluntary one in Alberta Canada, it's a nightmare here when you want to buy stuff, out of stock, expensive, line ups.  I think another 1-2 months and we should be okay.  I was reading a good article on the Swine Flu pandemic of 1918 and 1919.  550 million people were infected, 20-50 million died, the second wave was the worse, but it died out and things returned to normal, just like this pandemic will, just need to hang on for a while longer.   I use video messaging often and it's great to see other peoples faces in real-time.