WestCoast1

Hiatal Hernias....

21 posts in this topic

I have one and I'm in the elastic waist pants now as well. :D I think I have found the reason for my Gerd being so bad lately. I have been taking my iron at bedtime with a vitamin C like the druggist suggested. Even tho it is Ester C and supposed to be less acidic, it's still too much for me so I will be taking the iron by itself for now.Hopefully the gerd will get better.

I did not know that Hiatal hernias could be connected with anemia tho. I wonder how exactly that it causes anemia. Well, I have both, so maybe there is a connection.

Hugs, Piper

The hiatal hernia bunny found me too. And lately even chicken noodle soup is "talking back"!

xoxo emmie

YAY for me! I have one too LOL Since being on weight watchers to lose some weight and prilosec2x/day, life is easier. I wonder what's next?!?! ugh....Carrie

CarriePan :fairy:

Hi all,

It sounds like hiatal hernia is a big club! I am new to my CREST diagnosis and just had my barium swallow test Monday. They called to tell me my results and now I guess I can add hiatal hernia to the list of stuff that is going on with me. I had to look it up because I didn't know what that was. Seems like I have had a bunch to look up but at least I am finally getting answers now.

Take care and hope everyone has a great day.

:emoticon-hug:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Plato

I, too, joined the hiatial hernia club 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with scleroderma. I was in the hospital and they ran so many tests on me I really don't know how they found it, probably through an endoscopy. I haven't had trouble with it but have been on previcid and am now on omeprozol. I sometimes am anemic but they usually test for blood in my stool, never thought about the hernia as the source. I will keep that in mind for the future.

miocean

ISN Artist

Tally up one for me too, in both the hiatal hernia and the elastic waist pants columns! Mine was huge - most of my stomach was pushed up into the chest cavity, causing lots of bloating and chest pain when I ate. Once you have one, it doesn't go away - I had surgery to correct the hernia, which helped a lot, but still have to eat small meals (and I still wear the elastic pants!!) :D

red