Helen

Driving

8 posts in this topic

Hi All

Just had to share some good news. I drove a car today for the first time in about 8 months. My daughter had to turn the key for me but at least I was driving. I just need to get a special key turner. Losing my independence has been the hardest thing for me to cope with, this is why this is so exciting for me. :D

Helen

doesn't it feel good to get out of the house and just drive. I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't get out at least once a day and drive. Well I hope you will continue to drive more often and get that key turner real soon. Sam

Sam

Congratulations Helen! Enjoy the driving! It's so nice to hear when someone gets some part of their independence back, it seems like this disease takes so much away, but then people can get their abilities back sometimes too, that's great!

Karen

Helen,

That is wonderful! I know that takes away your independence when you can't drive. Get that key turner and cut some rubber!!!!!!!

Nan

Hello Helen~

I am so glad to hear of your driving success!!!!! :D

*WestCoast*

Yeah for you and yeah for your attitude!

Driving is like having a bit of the old normal life back. I know we'll never be the same as before sclero - but it's a wonderful touch of independence and control (!) Good for you.

I love the key turner, as well as the lamp switch extenders I bought from the arthritis section of the physical therapy catalog.

Lot's of cheers for your step forward - I hope the skin softening comes next.

-RTS