Jump to content
Sclero Forums

Recommended Posts



I woke up with a dent on my forehead a few weeks ago.  It's traveled from my hairline down past my right eyebrow.  I went to primary care physician - said to check back, I'm probably fine.  Went to dermatologist for non-related issue and he said he thought it was En Coupe De Sabre.   It is not perfectly linear and I do feel a vein behind the indentation, pulsing.  When I press the area, it's somewhat "sensitive" and I think I feel a foggy tingle behind my ears, throughout my scalp - nerves?  I don't know the body. 


I am going back in a few weeks for some more testing.


Other health problems: 

1. PTSD - severe form / can't see or hear outside of a virtual reality of things that already happened but can work and live independently - trauma

2. Raynaud's (only activated by the cold - I've had it since I was a child so it's nothing alarming)

3. Bloating - On Spironolactone (5 years with bloating in hands, feet). Spironolactone helps with the water retention and feeling of useless hands and feet. 

4. Headaches - may or may not be PTSD related. 


I am in generally good health.  This is fairly scary so I wanted to post and know more. 


Should I have my primary care physician schedule testing with a sclero specialist in Seattle?  She didn't seem to think that I had enough symptoms... My dermatologist diagnosed it as En Coupe De Sabre on the spot. I haven't been tested and I am nervous and want to know so I know how to treat my symptoms.   Is this something I should have addressed by a specialist and worry constantly about? 


I do have photos of my forehead. The dent has grown. I am not dehydrated and tried drinking as much water as possible with absolutely no results.  


I appreciate your support and can see that you've all got a horrible disease and feel for you.  I can't imagine learning anything worse.  


Thank you, 


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Robin,


Welcome to these forums!


I'm sorry to hear that you have concerns regarding En Coupe De Sabre and I've attached a link to our medical page on the subject. We do recommend consulting a listed scleroderma expert/dermatologist and it sounds as if the one you saw appears to be on the ball, so I would suggest going back to them for further advice and possible treatment.


Kind regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...