SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

My favorite aunt in the whole wide world, one of the sweetest ladies I know, has been recently diagnosed with scleroderma.

This is new to her as we have never had anyone in our circle of friends or family deal with the disease. She is currently in the hospital and her kidneys are being attacked by Sclero. Doctors are saying she should have dialysis for a short period of time. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any information you can give in terms of dealing with it, what products you use for your skin, all would be helpful.

Thanks for your time, blessings.

Hi Damion,

Welcome to these forums!

I'm very sorry to hear that your aunt has been diagnosed with scleroderma and I'm sending my best wishes to you.

I can understand your concern and I've included links to our medical pages on Kidney Involvement and Skin Involvement, which I hope you'll find helpful and informative. Because of the nature of scleroderma, the symptoms tend to be treated on a stand alone basis, so we do recommend that our members, if possible, consult a listed scleroderma expert, as this complex disease requires special knowledge and expertise to deal with all it's little idiosyncrasies.

Kind regards,