Sclero Forums

WOW!

Reading this forum is like looking in the mirror! I've had insomnia since my teen years. Don't know the relation, but it definitely is worse when I'm having painful flares, or the insomnia contributes to the flares. Very hard to tell. I've tried many meds, but my primary care physician put me on Rozerum just yesterday, so we'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone gets a better night's sleep tonight!

Beth

I've had this disease for a year now and have significant pain and discomfort. I nearly lost both Kidneys and they are limping along now at 50%. I have had insomnia for years also. My Dr. prescribed a mild prescription pain med. I take two before bed and 90 minutes later I am out for the night. I have absolutely no groggy feelings in the morning and feel better. I definately would not take them during the day. My BP is down too because I get more rest. I tried Lunesta and Ambien and was not happy with either, If you have pain, this could be a solution. I am sure there could be a dependency issue but I am at the point where I don't really care . However, I have not felt a depencency issue if I skip an evening. Anyway, that's my two cents. It really works for me.

OK, it's 1:35am in the morning and I'm on the computer...........well, I guess you can see I have the same problem. I literally "moved into the den" several years ago because I felt so bad keeping my husbad awake all night long. And like the rest of us, I don't know which came first, the chicken or the egg.....am I awake because of the pain or is the pain keeping me awake. A large part of my problem is the reflux . If I am lucky enough to get to sleep, even sitting up, I reflux and choke or aspirate. I also have restless leg syndrome, for which I take the well advertised med for. I was put on it before the advertising campaign begun. I had a sleep study because of the insomnia. They thought I had apnea, but I didn't. I also take the Ambien. Some night it's a wonder drug and other nights it just is a sugar pill. I tried the Benadryl, but I din't have great sucess with it. Word of advice, if you are buying an "over the counter" sleep aid, read the Active Drug, it's diphenhydramine, the generic name for BENADRYL!!!! Just buy the generic Benadryl, it's MUCH cheaper!! I keep a big bottle because even my dogs take it for anxiety over thunder storms.

Now that I have retired, it's not quite as bad going without sleep because I can nap/rest during the day. Hang in there, oh.....and try to get sme sleep :P

Peace :)

Barbara aka relicmom1