• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
Patty

Voice Change

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else has a voice thats seems to have changed? I notice lately that more and more my voice seems different. I am wondering if sclero is not only changing my looks but my voice as well.

Hugs,

Patty

Hugs,

Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

Hi- Yeah, I noticed my voice has gotten higher, thinner and reedier sounding, and less forceful. People who don't know me and talk to me on the phone think that I'm 20 years old instead of 50! Shirl.

Unfortunately, scleroderma can also affect the voice.

This is listed on our main site as Dysphonia (Hoarseness, Loss of Voice) in the Gastrointestinal section. Here is an excerpt:

Scleroderma affects the larynx and causes the dysphonia. This could be due to the over production of the extracelular matrix and the oedematous stage of the disease. There is still a need of a large series to show the types of the laryngeal pathology. M. Tezer. FRI0326 EULAR 2004.

In addition, heartburn can cause changes in the voice. That is treatable and should not be ignored, so be sure to consult your doctor or scleroderma expert for any new or worsening symptom. (Also see Symptoms of Scleroderma Main Page)

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

I had no idea that sclero could change your voice. For the past few weeks I have been having severe heartburn, even though I take 2 nexiums a day plus some other drug that I can't remember the name that my doctor gave me (free samples). I have had a sore throat and sound as though I am a 2 pack a day smoker ohmy.gif , but have never smoked in my life. I am going to see my primary this Thur. Hopefully he will be able to figure this out.
I really do appreciate the help we get from this forum. Such good info, stuff your doctors forget to tell you. Thanks, Shelley!
~whirlway