Kamlesh

How Do You Stay Positive?

22 posts in this topic

Hi there Kamlesh~

Thanks for this post...I was just thinking about this yesterday. I can't understand why I would be bummed out when everything else is going alright! On the other hand I guess that just being so tired and fatigued...I can't find the energy to enjoy it.

This site really offers so much support for me. Everyone here has great advice for enjoying the little things that add up to so much in our lives. Thanks.

*WestCoast*

Kemlesh,

I firmly believe that positive thinking has gottem me this far. Don't get me wrong, I have my down days, but when they hit I let it and move on. I try to look at everything that I have instead of what I don't or what I've lost. And I always, always keep in mind that there is always someone worse off than me. I went thru the denial of being sick, then the mourning of losing the person that I used to be, then I got mad, then came the exceptance. Some days Scleroderma has it's way with me and keeps me on the couch, and somedays I wrap it up in a ball and throw it on my back and tell it that it's coming with me today, I've got too many things to do, but I do it knowing that I'll have to rest the next day to catch up and do it again in a few days. It all balances out. Try to find something to be thankful for everyday, even if it's just the fact that you woke up that day. But know that you are doing it for you. You have to love you before you can let others in. Take the time and do for you.

Positive thoughts your way! :D

Happy people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have!

Warm and Happy to you! Vee

Right now staying positive is an extreme struggle for me. January 07 brought Diabetes, March 07 brought Morphea, June 07 brought ovarian cysts in my 14 (15 next month) daughter, and July 07 has brought Renal Cancer to my husband.

I don't sleep, napping at best, worrying about both of them, itching all the time from the patches on my abdomen and underside of my wrists. No time to go to my doctors because I have to keep everything going for everyone else. My co-workers and best friend are the light at the end of the tunnel for me. They absolutely refuse to allow me to go thru all this alone. Even if it's sitting on hold for me while I run to the ladies room.

Crystal my best friend ;-) has already donated a week of vacation time to me so that I can be home with my husband once he has his kidney removed. And there are more lined up at the door. Between ordering/delivering dinners, to just a "hey, what ya doin" phone call in the evening....giving me a reason to sit and "do nothing" for a few minutes.

You know the old phrase "what next.".... I not only dread what could be next, I absolutely am TERRIFIED of what might be next.

I am learning to lean on other people for things. Not trying to be SuperWoman/Wife/Mom/Employee. But it's hard.

All of you take care.

Asthma 1998, Diabetes 2007, Morphea 2007, Fibromyalgia 2007.

Hi Sue,

Wow you have a lot on your plate. I really do hope in the midst of it all you take time for yourself - if not for you then for your daughter. You are extremely valuable to your family. There is a great OTC line of itch lotions and bath/shower oil I've been using. If you're interested I can PM you. It is also great that you have wonderful people as your support system. This is so important. Have you looked into FMLA?

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Hi Sue,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. If there is anything positive to be learned about your situation, it is that you have one of a support system, and that you are loved very, very much. Wow, I wish we all had a line up of help just waiting to get in and do there share. You must be one wonderful individual.

That being said, I hope it makes you realize how important you are to all of those people trying to help you, and as someone else has mentioned, make sure you take care of you so you can take care of those around you. Be good to yourself and try to find a few minutes each day of down time just for you.

My warmest wishes are with you today.

Happy people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have!

Warm and Happy to you! Vee

Hi Sue,

I understand staying positive being a struggle for you and most of the us. But, what are the choices?

I really feel for everything you are going through and I am glad you have a great support network. Having a great support network is like winning half of the battle, rest you need to fight yourself.

Kind regards,

Kamlesh