LisaBulman

Raynaud's Sufferers

21 posts in this topic

Hi Lisa,

I am pretty sure you can get a tag even if you don't drive or have a license. I know my mother had one that she used whenever she transported my grandmother who was in a wheelchair.

Warm wishes,

Heidi

I have also 'secretly' wondered about a placard. Not only do I have Raynaud's but my body aches like the flu when its cold outside and for me it doesn't have to be 20 degrees. I'm a hurtin' unit in 50 degree weather. (maybe I oughta move to Florida? - not. I love my little town in the Northwest)

Anyway, I've been too.....what's the word I'm looking for? Proud? Shy? Embarrassed? to look into getting one. As uncomfortable as I get, I don't feel like I should go that route - yet, even though it sure would be nice.

Slightly off the subject.....my local, large chain grocery store has recently designated 2 parking spots close to the door for - get this: people who are just running in for a coffee at the big chain coffee shop inside!

I thought this kind of ....stupid, even insulting to people who must use handicap parking. Why on earth would someone 'running' in for coffee NEED a close parking space?! What abut the 9 month pregnant woman or the woman with 4 kids and a cart and a half of groceries? I may write them a complaint yet.

Jennifer - yes! The grocery store IS traumatic. I hate having to go grocery shopping, more now than ever because I HAVE to wear my gloves now when I shop and I get strange looks. I even got a comment, "You're THAT cold?!" (Some people are so rude.) So I told her all about Raynaud's and she APOLOGIZED for her comment.

Stay warm,

Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hi Sweet,

If you go to your state's website and then go to the motor vehicle section, not sure what they call it there, it could be the RMV or the DMV. If will be in there somewhere.

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hey guys, just putting my two cents in.... I was hesitant about getting a placard for my car, I didn't think I was THAT bad, plus as some of you have said, I look pretty healthy. But my doctor pointed out to me that even a SHORT amount of time in the cold can cause irreversable tissue damage. when I first started seeing him, I met a woman in his waiting room who had lost several of her fingers to this horrible disease, and you know, I will wear my gloves in the grocery store, use my placard, and weather the looks and comments cause I really like my fingers! Here in the northeast a sudden chilly wind can turn me purple, so I've learned not to take chances. I even wear gloves and take a blanket to the movies in the summer cause they keep it so cold in there.... we do what we hafta do. Keep warm! Love, Mary in Philly

Diffuse sclero; diabetes; hypertension; GERD with Barrett's