Sharonvandee

Trigger Fingers

5 posts in this topic

I had a visit with my DR today and was discussing with him that at times when doing things my little finger and thumb will lock into the position that they are in or will go out on a weird angle. He said it sounded like trigger finger and that he would try anti inflamatory drugs and if that doesn't work he will refer me to a surgeon.

Has anyone else had this happen

surgery? is it necessary?

Kindest Regards

Sharon

Diagnosis Scleroderma-crest, Scolliosis, Asthma, ILD, Plueral Fibrosis, GERD, Hiatus hernia, Anticardiolipin positive, ANA positive

a little bent and broken and almost beyond repair!

Hey Sharon, my fingers will lock up like that once in a while too. Thats when I grab one of the family and have them massage them ,softly at first then more deeply. helps me feels great .

Katherine

Hi Sharon, I have a trigger little finger also. It happens when the tendon that slides in and out of a sheath gets stuck because of inflammation. My Dr. told me not to force it when it gets stuck and he also said that the surgery for it is quite often not successful. So, I guess he was telling me I have to live with it. Mine comes and goes and medication does help me.

Take care,

Hugs, Piper

Hi Sharon,

I've also had trigger finger. I had the surgery for it and within a couple weeks I was good as new. There is still a bit of stiffness in that finger but soooo much better than before.

Sherion