• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
Clementine

Oral Surgery

28 posts in this topic

Nearly off-topic, but a little note for those of us who take calcium and who are also hypothyroid: A general guide is, do not take any calcium supplements 4 hours before or 4 hours after taking thyroid medication.

Also, take thyroid meds on an entirely empty stomach, with no other medications or food, and do not eat for 1 hour afterwards.

Calcium (in particular) and food (in general) affects the absorption of thyroid meds.

Also, something I just recently learned, is not to take thyroid meds for at least 6 hours before a blood test to measure thyroid levels.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Shelly, thanks for clarifying the thyroid issue. I knew I wasn't supposed to take the calcium withmy am meds, but couldn't remember which med it was. :rolleyes:

I have am 1 meds, no food, am 2 meds withfood, and pm meds. My hubby doesn't understand how I keep them all straight. I found a small plastic three drawer container and keep my meds in it according to the time I am supposed to take them. It works pretty well for me, hopefully I don't need to add any more drawers! Last month most of my meds had to be re-filled at the same time. I don't know many people who get their meds in a large paper bag. WOW, is this off the subject or what. But that is how it is, one thing can just lead to another in the many chapters of our lives.

Here's to a better day for all of us.

~whirlway