summer

How Long To

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know from the very start of having symptoms to the very end of heart failure does it take for PH to take hold?

Many thanks

Celia :unsure:

Sweet's right. I have PH and I've asked my doctor about progression. Right now I have mild and I'm not at all anxious to reach moderate or severe. He says it depends on your body and how your react to medications. I would also think it depends on your doctor and how aggressively they treat you. My doctor is treats mild as though I really do have PH, but I know others don't and take a more passive approach.

I did go to a PH talk this weekend and he said something like people are likely to have the condition way before a person becomes symptomatic. Also, the symptoms of PH are not always correctly associated with PH, or simply doctors don't think of it. If a person's short of breath or coughing the doctor may think asthma or allergies or etc. He did say that treatment definitely helps.

Sorry I wrote a lot, but if you're getting good treatment with a good doctor I wouldn't worry too much - but that's just me :D

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...