heather

Itchy Skin

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes I feel like my skin would come off if I attempted to scratch as it itches.

Does anyone have this problem and what do you use to soothe itchy skin?

Hello Heather, I started using a moisturizer that has olive oil in it all natural ingreadients. In the shower is spray baby oil down my back and the shower spreads it across my back. Helps alot.

Lynda

Heather, hello! I use (a store bought, brand name) moisture lotion for dry skin with time released mositurizes. Up to 24 hours.

Also my mom gets a lotion from the doctor, she breaks out in a rash when the sun hits her arm, and she scrathes it like crazy. I will ask her what the doctor recommended for her.

Hope this helps, Sam

Sam

Hi Heather,

I sent you an email regarding my favorite brand name body/shower oil & moisturizing lotion.

take care,

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

I get patches of very itchy skin and find that an aloe vera moisturiser helps.

But what ever I put on I keep having to reapply it frequently until the itchyness has subsided.

I hope things settle quickly for you Heather because it can be so annoying when you itch lots.

Does anyone know what causes this itchyness? Is it a feature of Scleroderma?

Jensue

Jensue,

I also do something similar. I buy organic aloe (not the weird green goo) and put it on. Then, I put vit E oil over it. It's a great moisturizer but doesn't necessarily help with itchiness.

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Hi there

I've tried several creams and lotions, and I came across one marketed for pregnant women to use on stretch marks, but if it works for other things :D I don't know if it is available where you live (I'm in Australia) but I found it to be a really good lotion which soothed my itching and really made a dent into the dryness. PM me if you would like the brand name.

Monika.

I am having very irritated skin around my mouth. Nothing seems to heal it. It started when I was in southern Oregon and it got to be very dry. I am unable to use any cream that has any perfume.

Any suggestions?

Heather

I had eczema-like spots around my mouth and eyes - aggrevated by some of the medications I am taking (esp. CellCept). It was quite sore.

Now, I swear by a lotion set that is plant-oil based, with no petrolium-based ingredients. Also, it has a prelotion serum to neutralize the pH before applying the lotions.

For my face, it helps greatly if I also use the hydrating face wash before the lotions.

I think there are several brands out there that have similar ingredients.

Good Luck,

RTS

hey heather

i had itchy skin last year it lasted for about 6/7 months it was agony, i bathed allday long and throught the nite nothing would stop my itching and still never found nothing, doctors give me a cream for the bath to use as a soap it worked for a couple of hours then back in the bath I went it drove me crazy, i hope you find something soon and maybe give me a tip haha, too I am itch free and hope it stays that way ............diffent things work for different people hope I dont sound negative and hope you find a cure soon have a gd day jaxsxx

live life for today and not for tomorrow

I also use vitamin E. Another natural way is to use vegetable shortening - a doctor years ago told me to use it for 6 weeks & white gloves (obviously hand issue) but it really made a huge impact. Lastly, if it doesn't improve you might want to check with your dr & get your liver enzymes checked. Severe itching can be a sign that something isn't working so good - just in case thought. Hope one of these remedies helps you! :D

Soft hugs your way,

Michele