WestCoast1

Our Pets...

46 posts in this topic

I think Ari is finally feeling better. She ate, drank and explored. She loves the bathtub and sink. She's so funny.

 

I updated my photo... it's of her in the sink.

 

peanut


You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is soo sweet peanut. My dog likes to get in the shower with me and loves to swim in the pool too.

Hugs, Piper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning my husband told me Ari wouldn't get out of the tub, so he could take his shower. I told him next time turn the shower on. She'll hop out fast. He He.

 

She's getting better, but still not eating like I'd like. We even bought her tuna. Any one have any tricks on getting a cat to eat?

 

peanut


You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peanut,

Ari is adorable. I don't know much about cats, but with dogs, sometimes they just have to get acclimated to the new house and surroundings. Since she is apparently healthy, maybe that's all it is. You may try slightly warming the food just so the smell will be enhanced. And of course, try different varieties, but it looks like you already have. Good luck!

Jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great topic, I to love animals. I did have a Golden Retriever named Charlie. She was as sweet as could be, but we had to give her back to the Breeder after she had lived with us for over 6 years. We lived in a town called Ridgecrest Ca., they have a Base there called China Lake where my husband worked before he retired. Well, they make and test weapons there. My poor Charlie would get so scared when she heard the bombs going off, she was just terrified. The Vet. told us she just couldn't live there anymore or she would have to be on Steroids the rest of her life. We just couldn't do that to her, so the breeder in Pedaluma, Ca. found her a new home in Lake Beriessa, Ca. I will never forget the day I had to give her up. I was so sad and heart broken, but we had no other option. Two years later my husband retired and we moved to Wa. This would have been the perfect place for her. We have had our cat, Didi for 9 years he just showed up on our doorstop and moved right in. He can be a bit of a grump. He can also be as sweet as can be. I want to get another Golden Retriever, but my husband says no, so we'll see. It's not over til it's over. Anyway I am crazy about animals, I have had many through the years, they have either died of old age or Cancer.

 

Jackie S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peanut is she drinking?

 

Are you saying she is NOT eating the tuna? You can try pouring tuna juice over her food. Also when they are not feeling very well sometime you need to feed them like a sick person - something bland.

 

My vet always suggested boiled chicken and rice. Sometimes I would just give her rice water over her food.

 

I sure hope she is doing OK. I know you took her to the vet, but I can't remember if you mentioned they did any tests on her such as for Feline Herpes, chlamydia and more importantly leukemia?


Warm and gentle hugs,

 

Pamela

ISN Support Specialist

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah she snubbs the tuna. She licks the wet food but doesn't eat it. She's drinking though. I have to call the vet and give a report. I hope she doesn't get hospitalized. I worry that it will make her feel abandoned (again)

 

peanut


You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh sad!!! Are cats allowed that nutritional paste, the sugar paste you can give dogs merely for nutrition? I had to give that to Max when he woudn't eat. You put it on their nose and they lick it off. It has a lot of calories. Poor kitty. Sorry Peanut, welcome to mommy hood.

xoxoxoxxoxokisses to Arixoxoxoxoxooxoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jen,

That is such a great idea! I used that nutritional paste for my yorkie who came to me very under nourished.


*WestCoast*

 

********

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peanut,

My daughter told me that the vets carry something called recovery formula and no cat or dog can refuse it, it's so yummy and they give this to animals when they are nursing them back to health. Also some type of food call A/D. Maybe you could ask your vet if they have something like this.

 

Just a thought, my animals won't eat tuna but love salmom. They have expensive tastes. lol Hope you have luck with something so she doesn't have to be hospitalized.

Good luck!

Hugs, Piper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried to have pets. At least my kids did. But, our pets were Doomed from the get go. We just didn't know it. We bought a small 8 week old black lab. He was infested with pin worms and the vet took the name of the owner that sold us the dog and reported him. All his dogs were sick. He would never have been able to run let alone walk. So we got our money back. Then we had a kitten my husband brought home from work. He jumped up on my husbands shoulder on his way home from work and slipped and fell out the window onto the expressway medium. So my husband pulled over and got him and he was ok. We had him about 6 months and he got feline lukemia. So he died and then my mom bought my youngest son a rabbit. And we were out in the yard one day talking with our neighbors and the rabbit was running around with the kids in the neighborhood when the neighbors dog jumped the fence and bit the rabbit in the neck and he died. So, we got tired of the kids getting so upset we chose not to try again. We just enjoy all the fish in our lake. Oh! and we had fish. Expensive fish. We went away for a couple days and the heater malfunctioned. Our fish were all dead when we got home. So now we enjoy all the birds and turtles coming out of the ground and the cute little frogs. We have a yard of animals we get to enjoy. I take pictures now of all the little birds being born and getting feathers and my hummingbirds are always a joy. Enough. Sheryl


Strength and Warmth,

Sheryl

 

Sheryl Doom

ISN Support Specialist

(Retired) ISN Chat Moderator

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a sad story Sheryl. that's my story in regards to plants. I don't always kill them but they always somehow die.

 

Ari is eating all kinds of things: bits of a q-tip, a taste of my husband's bean dip and beef sausage (hubby must stop feeding kittie) and a little bit of real cat food. She's very active now. I think it was that vit-B 12 shot. I'm getting one for me on Sat. I hope I have as much energy as she's had these last 2 days. I'm nervous about leaving her home. I had to scramble to wash all the dishes tonight lest she hop up on the counter and lick all the left over bits. I think we're in for trouble, fun trouble.

 

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes for Ari. I still haven't heard the results of her blood tests. Hopefully it will all be good.

 

peanut


You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now