Sclero Forums
barefut

Fatigued And Feeling Overwhelmed

Barefut,

My house is in turmoil. My son is about ready to turn 15 and he is an awesome kid, but he's a teenager! My poor husband is worried about me and my son. I am just overwhelmed and feel guilty for not being able to do more than I can do. I try to stay positive, but sometimes it's really hard. I loved the spoon story. I am going to see a psychiatrist on September 21st. Please take care of yourself! I send a huge hug your way!!!!!!!!! :D

Nan

Hi Barefut,

It is not unusual to take 8-12 weeks for medications to help. If you don’t find relief ask your doctor to try something else. Don’t be discouraged, if medication does not help.

I have not tried Prozac, but I have tried Lexapro, Welbutrin, Seroquel, Remiran, and Effexor. I have found some relief from Paxil, so right now I am on max dose of Paxil (60 mg).

My nervous system is very sensitive to any external chemicals. Lexapro used to make me so drowsy, that I will sleep for 18-20 hours. Seroquel and Welbutrin affected my nervous system so much that I won’t be able to speak or write. Remiran gave me severe hiccups for 36 hours straight. With Effexor, I had severe dry mouth and difficulty in urination. So all these chemicals have major impacts on brain and it impacts everyone differently.

I will be glad to try something else to overcome my depression, but I am so scared to try anything new. One of the major causes of my depression was lack of sleep. I tried over half a dozen different medications and nothing worked except max dose of Restoril. Now I am able to get decent sleep, so one major cause is eliminated. Still I have too many more reasons for depression and I am working on eliminating one at a time.

Take care of yourself and don’t be discouraged by any setbacks.

Kind regards,

Kamlesh

Kamlesh,

Thanks for telling of your experiences with antidepressants/depression. I too have battled depression most of my life. I have been on and off Prozac 3 or 4 times since it was new in 1988. The only other drug I have tried was Paxil and it gave me anxiety attacks.

I know what you mean about the many reasons for depression. I too am working on eliminating them one at a time. It is a long slow process. In the mean time antidepressants help to get us through.

However, I do believe that our depression can also be tied to this disease on a biological level as well as an emotional level. Life is hard no matter how you slice it. My kids help me through and keeping a grateful attitude helps as well.

Thank you and good luck to you too in your fight against depression.

Sincerely,

barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hello you

All I can say to you is I really do understand.I'm sure each one of us feels or has felt that indescribable exhaustion.

It's not normally about sleep or lack of it.Sometimes I feel it is like my inner flame is literally just a small flicker and that a gentle breeze might extinguish it.

Inside you is a strong beautiful,brave and spirited woman.And soon you will feel that energy and spirit.

Rest well dear friend,and know that you are a perfect human being just as you are.You have coped for so long with this disease,so a pat on the back is due rather than guilt for not cleaning!

Chocolate helps too ;)

much love to every single person who is reading this.We are all doing so well!

Alexandra (uk)

Thank you Alexandra,

You just made me cry. :)

I sure don't feel strong, beautiful, brave or spirited. More like weak, ugly, scared and defeated.

I appreciate your kind words and support more than I can tell you. They are good for my soul.

Right back atcha!

Love,

Barefut

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)